Pirate 4x4 banner

Rubicon Trail Sat 7-15 Financial Hill Video????

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  randii 
#1 · (Edited)
Rubicon Trail Sat 7-15 1000 dollar Hill Video????

was out on the trail fri-sat the 14th n 15th .... on my way out sat i decided to climb Financial hill in my White Wrangler .. someone seen me climbing it and ran over with a Video camera and got it on Tape ... was wondering you your a member of the PBB and if so i would love to pay ya for a copy of the tape ... i swear im takin a camera next trip .. me n 2 other buddies did a midnight run up the Old Sluice box .... man that was some fun stuff , would of been killer to get it on tape .... anyway the person that filmed this on 1000 dollar hill it was early afternoon saturday around i would guess 1:30ish???

#6 ·
yes there was 2 land cruisers going down around the side when i was climbing it ..there was also another wrangler below me watchin who was following me out ... Hey Curly hows it goin bro . man the old sluice goin Up was a Blast with ya guys friday night .. thats the spot where ya got it marked at . i was always told it was Finacial hill and heard it called 1000 dollar hill before too ... so 73 Ford your dad has video i would love to see it ..i was on the edge of Rolling backwards on the top of the hill there ... PM me if he has footage of it tanks alot , Bill

#7 ·
Curly said:
Hill going down after little sluice box towards wet area (mud lake). Always thought thousand dollar hill was the one going down into spider? In the now closed off area?

Nope Financial is Thousand Dollar Hill. The one in the closed area never had a name until later when the v notch named the spot. When I stopped going in to Spider there was no v-notch, only bushes.

#8 ·
I guess we're old, but what Scott said is right as far as I know. When I read the thread I was thinking, "Does he mean Thousand Dollar Hill?".

#10 ·
didnt cost me a thang . but nearly cost me a roll over lol ... and again thanks for clarifying it for me .... and the guy that had the video only had bout 5 seconds i guess of footage before i made it up.. ill tell you what that was the most intense adrenaline rush ive had in a long time ... the verge of rolling like that man gave me flash backs of when i rolled off a 250 ft cliff lol

#14 ·
#18 ·
rockalot said:
so what does that make it legal I want to know. from what I see that is 400 yard or so from the center line of the trail. and leads to spider lake. why are people posting that they went there? I have been avoiding that area, and I don't have to be? the trail is the box and up the back ide of it. you have to go right and u-p the slabs to get to that area. just cause it's not vegged doesn't mean it's legal. I do't like being told I can't do something, then have everybody else doing it, and haveing the " authority on the matter" acting like nothings wrong.

#20 ·
That's right behind the box, headed towards Buck. I pulled a friend up over the edge a couple of years ago. His CJ5 ran out of gas (or at least the pick-up went dry) when he got the front wheels right on the lip. He was on the line to the left. Had a toy take the line to the right, while we were hooking up the strap.

#21 ·
dude thats part of the trail .. if you Bypass Little sluice thats the tree where the Bypass meets the Little sluice trail .. bout 20 foot to the left of the pic is the Bypass going around that part of the trail ...

#23 ·
Let me try to minimize confusion and get back on track...

ONE SPOT ON THE TRAIL...
Curly's map shows the downhill south of the V-notch, with a steep drop off on the west side of the tree and a tippy alternate path up the right side of the tree. If it is that one, that tree is close enough to the line, that it would take a surveyor to say which trail is in the Forest and which is on private land (the actual route is a bit east of where it is shown on Curly's map). See the map below -- I added a dotted purple line to the blobby dashed line on the forest service quarter quads, and attached a snippet that may (or may not) help...
* The Forest Land is definitely closed to all motorized users when not on the mapped trail.
* The private property is owned by the Rubicon Trail Partnership, and is closed to everyone but those with explicit permission of the owners. Jeep Jamboree outfits the corporate Jeep trips, and Mark Smith is one of the Rubicon Trail Partnership owners, so I'd imagine he gave explicit permission to himself to be on his property. :p
FWIW, my computer is not cooperating with the Commander download...

ANOTHER SPOT ON THE TRAIL...
I believe the picture that ibrocun posted is Thousand Dollar Hill, which is just north of the actual trail, also on Rubicon Trail Partnership private property, just not in the Spider Lake closure area. This hill slopes downhill toward the east, where it joins up with the main trail and zigs around Mud Lake before heading southeast toward Buck Island lake.

Clear as mud?

Randii

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.