Pirate 4x4 banner

Propaned rigs on the Rubicon

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  ALLAXCS 
#1 ·
Planning a trip to run the con. Need to know from some propaned rigs a few things.
Where is the closest station to refill 10 gallon forklift tanks?
How much propane did you use?
Did you run the whole thing or turnaround and where?
Thanks

#6 ·
what are your plans?

you running 2 10 gal tanks? i run 2 8 gal tanks. im sure i can go to teh springs and back on them with some left over. i always keep a third tank in teh tow rig. you just never know.

#9 ·
ALLAXCS said:
I have 3 10 gallon tanks. two on the rig one at the tow rig. I made a removable roof rack that will hold spare tire, 2 tanks, and all of my camping gear. So, I could wheel with 40 gallons total.
remember the tanks dont fill to 10. prolly 8.7 or just to 9 maybe... but with just 2 youd be fine. unless you plan on doing the trail at 3000rpms which then would gulp it. lol.

#12 ·
ALLAXCS said:
Really, I bought the tank new and empty. The texaco where I filled them got 20 gallons into the two tanks. Do they not empty all the way?
im no expert. but its a gas... it has to be able to expand and release with the temp. hence the pop off valve on top. my 8's will max at 7.6 if i tell the guy to keep going.... dunno.. jiMMy

#13 ·
I drove from Loon Lake to Cadillac Hill and back to Loon on about 5 gallons in a 4cyl. Formula Toy. Hauling ass to Cadillac in about 3 hours. Hope that helps.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.