Pirate 4x4 banner

Wentworth Springs parking question

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Brandon 
#1 ·
I was wondering if there is any parking on the Wentworth Springs access of the trail for trucks and trailers? Thanks

#3 ·
RX-4X4 said:
So nobody knows if there is any parking on the Wentworth trail access?
Ask on a weekend, and most are out wheeling....

So sorry for the slow response:

Best choice would be to park at the airport flats campground, depending on the height and lenght in which your trailer rides, it may be possible for you to pull part of the road to the Wentworth Campgrounds.

Rich

#4 ·
Sure, there is limited parking... nothing like near the Loon Lake kiosk or the overflow lot by the Chalet, but there is decent parking alongside the trail and in pullouts, on a first-come, first-served basis right near the intersection where the forest service road cuts away north from the east-west county road that connects to Wentworth Springs.

Randii

#6 ·
how is the road to the campground right now? I think I am going to go up with my son to camp at wentworth but I'll be in our stocker ZJ. I know that road is usually an easy 2wd to the campground but just figured I'd check before going..

thx
B

#7 ·
Brandon said:
how is the road to the campground right now? I think I am going to go up with my son to camp at wentworth but I'll be in our stocker ZJ. I know that road is usually an easy 2wd to the campground but just figured I'd check before going..

thx
B
Hey Brandon,
A couple months ago the county(I assume) came in and graded the road. You will have no problems. ;)

#8 ·
I know I have camped there before but it is usually a quick get up and go. I heard there was a "shortcut" to loon (on foot), know anything about it? I'm gonna bring some poles and would like to do some fishing. I might just end up camping at Loon, not sure yet..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.