Pirate 4x4 banner

Not going off trail?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  1uglyranger 
#1 ·
I know that I/We are not supposed to go off of the trail at any time. But maybe a stupid quiestion, what if I need to get out of somebodys way, or if someone is broke in middle of the trail?

Flame if you need to, but I or my buddys don't want any tickets and I want to obey the trail rules. I havn't been up there in years!

Also, is there a donation that we can make to someone at the trail head? I heard rumor of it. I would like to do whatever I can to keep the trails open.

Thanks

#5 ·
konacaliboy said:
I know that I/We are not supposed to go off of the trail at any time. But maybe a stupid quiestion, what if I need to get out of somebodys way, or if someone is broke in middle of the trail?

Flame if you need to, but I or my buddys don't want any tickets and I want to obey the trail rules. I havn't been up there in years!

Also, is there a donation that we can make to someone at the trail head? I heard rumor of it. I would like to do whatever I can to keep the trails open.

Thanks
On most of the trail there is room to pass another rig or least get by backing up a little ways. If someone is broke down blocking the trail then helping them to get out of the way would be what I would do.

As far as donations to the trail check out the Rubicon Trail Foundation web site. Here is a link to their donation page. Link Its tax deductible too!

The main page also has a lot of info on rules of the trail.

#6 ·
konacaliboy said:
Hey, I met that guy at "secret trail" couple weeks ago. I think his name is Adam? I never thought to ask him at the time

His name is Adam. He is a 4 wheeler and in his words...he has his dream job. Remember...Adam didn't make the rules...he just enforces them. In his words...if it's blatent...especially fires right now...you will get a ticket.

As for moving over to pass....Of course you can....it's all common sense. If you drive over a bush to let someone by, you probably will get a ticket. If you pull off the trail on to the dirt....then you won't.

Adam has said....he doesn't measure or anything like that. He's looking obvious violations...like someone driving up to Spider Lake and starting a campfire. Break out your wallet for that one.

#9 ·
konacaliboy said:
....maybe a stupid question....
With all the changes that have taken place over the past couple of years, there are no stupid questions;) It's really quite simple:

*Stay on the trail

*Park your rig perpendicular to the trail withing 25 feet of the center of the trail (no tape measures needed, just keep it close)

*No open fires (Propane stoves & Lanterns are ok with Fire permit)

*Stay off the green and on the dirt/rock

*Leave the trail cleaner than you found it

I hope you and your friends have a great trip!

#10 ·
I have seen a spot that a guy got a ticket for going off the trail. In actuality he wasn't more then 25' form the center and could win the ticket in court, because there is a trail maker right there. But he was hung up on some boulders BEFORE Gate keeper that are not "directly" in the path of the trail. I think they are enforcing real strict in that area so it doesn't look like a Freaking Circus right next to Loon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.