Stolen parts during MCR! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 5653
Stolen parts during MCR!

My friend was camped out near Buck Island on Sat. night. His rig was parked with the group he was in. He left to go help someone else who was broke. To his surprise someone jacked some of his spare parts(alternator,starter, random parts and an 18 pack!) I've never heard of someones junk being robbed before. He had wrapped the parts in red duct tape, so when he went cruising campsites he hoped he would find them. No such luck. I know these asshats will never be found, but if I ever hear of someones,let alone my stuff getting jacked, it won't be a good day. Just thought I would let people know that there are thieves even on the Rubicon. Watch out!
Total Distorsion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
If it was Saturday night, all the Roundup folks were at Runicon Springs. I don't get the connection? Bummer that the stuff was taken. Every once in a while I hear about some thing but this is kind if new to me that stuff was hijacked out of a camped out rig.

Karma rules
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqme View Post
Punctuation eludes you.
cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20205
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzila View Post
If it was Saturday night, all the Roundup folks were at Runicon Springs.

Karma rules
Not entirely true. From what I saw, there was MCR folks spread from "Phone Booth" all the way to the springs with quite a gathering at Buck Island. Just an observation
Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Some folks refer to the entire trail, the entire weekend, as MCR. Technically, in my book, if you're not at the Springs with Marlin, you're not at MCR. You're on the Rubicon during the MCR weekend.

That said, it seems that Karma does work...backwards. He helps someone and gets ripped off. Same thing happened to my buddy on Friday. He cut a piece of his rollbar off his truck to help a kid make a driveshaft, and one of the friends of the driveshaft guy steals the last pack of smokes from my friend, out of his truck. Thanks.

It's criminals like this that I want no part of. It's part of the reason why I go wheelin or camping at all - go get away from trash like that.

No presence of law out there, it gives the bad guys a sense of anarchy and no reprecussions. Honestly, I wouldn't mind hearing that some big ol boys caught a thief and roughed him up. Yup, that would make me halfway believe in karma again.

Last edited by Yota Up; 09-20-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Linkoligist...

Member # 44474
Send a message via AIM to 86Yota4.70
I was camped at Buck on Friday and Sat night.. We walked around and talked to quite a few other people at camps and did not hear of anything getting stolen.. Do you know how late it happened?

*Support 81 Worldwide*

HereticFab.com..
Your source for everything to do with link suspension!
-4130 Heat Treated Links/Control Arms
-Heims, jam nut's, and spacer's
-Brackets from numerous vendors in one place

www.Mixchallenge.info
86Yota4.70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 5653
By MCR, I mean that it happened the same weekend. Not that it happend at the springs. At any point thats irrelevant. The point is someone stole something and it's BS. Not sure when it happened,later in the night?
I broke down friday night. My friends tried to get me to leave my rig and go with them. I'm glad I didn't! At the time I wasn't worried about my truck, I just didn't want to hike all the way back. Guess I should be now. Every yota I have owned has been or tried to be stolen and broken into. Now I have to stress about it on the trail, which is one of the reasons I go there, is to relax.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 22519
Send a message via AIM to werty
That suck to hear someone would do that. I was at buck island sat late in the afternoon. I had the 4.3l red gray and black yota. witch rig what the stuff stolen out of? I know there was a group of rigs we were stopped by that were having lots of bad luck.
werty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 5653
It was a bobbed 1st gen black runner, with a 44 up front and linked.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
The dude abides

Member # 114517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Distorsion View Post
By MCR, I mean that it happened the same weekend. Not that it happend at the springs. At any point thats irrelevant. The point is someone stole something and it's BS. Not sure when it happened,later in the night?
I broke down friday night. My friends tried to get me to leave my rig and go with them. I'm glad I didn't! At the time I wasn't worried about my truck, I just didn't want to hike all the way back. Guess I should be now. Every yota I have owned has been or tried to be stolen and broken into. Now I have to stress about it on the trail, which is one of the reasons I go there, is to relax.
Sounds like you need to move........
DEER TICK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.