Night meeting for ROC this month Nov 2010 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
Night meeting for ROC this month Nov 2010

Quote:
Just a reminder the next ROC meeting will be on November 18, 2010 at 6:00 PM. at DOT Ready Room, 2441 Headington Rd.
It came up at the last ROC meeting, that a couple night meetings a year would be helpful to allow folks to attend. Please try to make this meeting if at all possible. The other night meeting will be in the spring sometime before the trail gets busy. This might be April or May, if you have a subject that you would like to bring to the ROC, email Vickie at vickie.sanders at edcgov.us

Scott
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqme View Post
Punctuation eludes you.
cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
El Dorado County
Rubicon Oversight Committee
2441 Headington Road
Placerville, CA 95667
6:00 pm, November 18, 2010

AGENDA

I. CALL TO ORDER:

II. AGENDA-Review

III. MINUTES from October 14, 2010 Meeting

IV. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS

V. DISCUSSION ITEMS:

Saturated Soils Water Quality Protection Plan
Proposed BMP Implementation

VI. AGENCY/ORGANIZATION UPDATES/NEW INFORMATION

VII. NEXT MEETING/AGENDA ITEMS: December 9, 2010 at 8:30 a.m. at Department of Transportation, 2441 Headington Rd., Placerville, CA 95667

VII. ADJOURN:

Posted: October 11, 2010
Past President 2010-2012

Quote:
Punctuation eludes you.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 21815
Pay attention, folks...see that item in V? The Saturated Soils Water Quality Protection Plan? That's the difference between seasonal closure and year around access!

RTF and FOTR will be there, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go.

N6YBH
-
"If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will ultimately find that you have paid for it but don't have it". -Henry Ford

Use Goodsearch and support the Rubicon Trail Foundation.
resqme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20205
I'm gonna try and be there Paging Mr. Bettencourt I'll buy dinner and a
Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 1034
Well you act as if that would get my attention or sumpin : I'm there
Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
excerpts from the minutes

Some folks were expressing comcerns that because there was no agreement in writing about the difficulty level of the trail and the work being done, that it was certain the County would not engineer the trail to a difficulty level worthy. Look at the bold text from the minutes here. All I can say is that I think this is the closest that we will come to a promise.

I hope it helps those that are on the fence about supporting the work being done to keep the trail open year round by the county and to comply with the Clean up and Abatement Order.

Quote:
Marty Hartzell-CVRWQCB-I have received the quarterly report and I wanted to thank you for our trip. It was a great day.
Tom Celio-We had a trip a few weeks ago with water board staff and others. There was a lot of good communication out there. McKinstry Camp will be coming down this week. We will have the crew up there another week. We are working on plans for next season. It will be much farther in on the trail. There will be no commuting, they will all be camping. It will be a different type of camp. We have never done this before and it went very well. I spoke with SPI and thanked them, they bladed the road and we kept it watered.
Randy Burleson-Can you tell us what the plan was as far as the grant and how far did you get?
Steve Kooyman-We did not get as far as we wanted to on the trail. We got to Walker hill. We based it off of the CGS report, but we did a lot more. Next year we will finish to Little Sluice, True Sluice, and to Rubicon Springs. Big Sluice will be a lot of work. We will be sending the 2011 Maintenance Plan to the Forest Service for review.
Marty Hartzell-Were the bypasses closed?
Steve Kooyman-1.6 will be restored and closed. Next year accessibility will be difficult, we have a helicopter in the grant. We may drop materials.
Scott Johnston-They are pulling a lot of rock at the top of Walker. Why not keep 1.6? Why not do the same thing as Walker? Traffic is an issue, we have two way traffic.
Steve Kooyman-I understand but I feel the upper trail is in good condition. We could fill it in like Walker, but we are following what the board approved in January.
Don Spuhler- I have a two questions John Arenz wanted asked,
1. Are you going to roll the rocks back in the trail as you back out?

Steve Kooyman-We moved some out of the way to get the equipment in. Some will stay and some will not. If we can make it stable. We talk about paving, I call paving asphalt. We are placing rock. We are doing 40 or 50 years of deferred maintenance.
Don Spuhler-
2. Will the excavator moving the large rock back into the trail?
Steve Kooyman-Yes, we did not finish the top of Walker.

Merlin Scott-There is spots where we can walk that need more rock. Rolling the rocks in the trail, you have said that you are not doing that.
Steve Kooyman-We will place rocks strategically at places we can.
Merlin Scott-This will be a law enforcement issue. If they roll rocks in we are going to be winching rocks out.
Steve Kooyman-I think there are still difficult parts of the trail, True Sluice, Post Pile. I think there are spots where we can put obstacles. I noticed after gatekeeper in the alligator pit someone rolled a rock in the flow path. That is a problem.
Randy Burleson-RTF will have to work on this. We will have to winch those out as we see them.
Steve Kooyman-We will have annual maintenance.
Steve Morris-Historical records show the last maintenance was 1929.
Past President 2010-2012

Quote:
Punctuation eludes you.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
Quote:
Loren Rex-State Parks-We got our camp removed. It was a successful year with a lot of agencies working together. We gave a lot more verbal warnings than tickets. When the chief comes back from vacation we will talk about the future.
Vickie Sanders-Can I get a recap of the activity?
Here some more about LEO activity ON the trail. What was not recorded in the minutes is that a total of a dozen tickets were given out by the State Parks Officers all summer. the comment I heard from them was the ticket had to be "earned". In other words, if you did not pass the stupid test you got a ticket. One incident related to me by them was of a guy with an open container that got a warning. He poured it out and was heading out on his way when they heard a pop can crack open, following the guy, they discovered that he opened another right away. Not a good idea, he got a ticket.

I hope to be able to post up this recap of activity when it is sent out. I would like to see what the citations were and for what violations.

Scott
Past President 2010-2012

Quote:
Punctuation eludes you.