Anybody carry a leatherman daily? - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 109289
Been carrying a Wave for many years. Bought it after my SOG loosened up after several years.
fal308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 156636
I'm on my third pair of the Gerber Compact Sport 400 pliers... Lost one pair, and got the other pair into a grinder when I was holding something I was grinding... Made the needle-nose of the pliers useless... I've got a couple leatherman about the same size, but about 1/2 the time I pull out the pliers, I am holding something with the other hand, so the 1-handed deployment of the Gerber stuff is the way to go, for me... On my belt 24/7...

The pliers are stainless steel, though, so you can't cut welding wire or fence wire or anything with them, as I found out with the first pair, that I lost... Just copper/aluminum/etc...

Mike
barton174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 45977
I am glad this came up. I have been looking hard at several models. It seems like the Leatherman Wave comes up alot.

I have been hesitant to carry another thing on my belt to get in the way but it looks like the pros override the cons.
twentyfootdaredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 185461
I normally carry a SOG Powerlock on me, and I keep some sort of Leatherman or Gerber multi-tool in every vehicle and in my Camelbak for biking or hiking. I tend to collect them

[QUOTE=MaxPF;13897261] The new car smell is the most expensive fragrance there is... well, except [i]maybe[/i] for pussy :D[/QUOTE]
FSJPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
Garage Wheeler

Member # 123763
I carry the leatherman EOD tech tool, don't use it much, but it comes in handy at the strangest times. I have had one on my Vest for years, and I try not to head out without it. Been through around 4 in the last ten years. Very useful
Old 02-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 101018
I carry a Leatherman Super Tool 300, and have a spare in the toolbox. The nylon case holds up pretty well if you keep the velcro clean. I also carry a SOG Flash II on my belt. Then again I carry alot of random stuff in my pockets daily, ACU's hold alot of crap.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
Team Helen Keller

Member # 128472
Leatherman on my left. XD9 on my right.

Every day.

Quote:
1. NEVER, EVER date a single mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by void_of_light View Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
JM93LiftedYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 208919
I carried a Juice Xe6 in my purse for a long time until it got stolen a few weeks ago. Now I have to figure out what to replace it with.

My joy was pulling out a pink knife in corporate america when someone was trying to open something. I always got a "wtf" look.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #34 (permalink)
SuperNoob

Member # 106919
I carry a Victornox SwissTool. I've had it since about 2000. It lives in my laptop bag so it goes everywhere with me.
Hosalabad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 45977
I have a knife I have carried everyday without fail for a long time. I doubt I would have much luck at putting it in a drawer. Do you guys that carry a multi tool on your belt also carry a knife in your pocket?

Light, knife, wallet, gun, keys, money and now a multi tool. I might be in the market for a satchel like Texas Blake!
twentyfootdaredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 55362
Leatherman Skeletool. I've had many that just had too much stuff going. Many accessories that I never used. This tool is extremely durable and has everything you need.
Acts 20:24
hardline04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 38695
Send a message via AIM to Grayguy
I carry a leatherman and a folding Lennox utility knife everywhere, I've tried keeping a flashlight buy they all seem to disappear after a few weeks.
Grayguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 16505
Send a message via AIM to 92 Green YJ Send a message via Yahoo to 92 Green YJ
I have a Winchester equivalent that I wear daily at work. Got it for 15 bucks and I love the thing. It comes in handy for quick repairs around the arcade and saves me the time of having to go to the toolbox for most of the quick small repairs and needs.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #39 (permalink)
Dana 44 Polisher

Member # 13731
Leatherman sideclip -- have had one for over 10 years. Carry it and use it everyday.

I have had bigger models and always come back to the sideclip. It fits in my pocket, doesn't need a carrying case, never in the way, etc, etc....

They were discontinued 4-5 years ago - so I bought a few 'extras' on ebay. They have since come out with a newer clip model, but it is bigger and has plastic on it, I have one and don't like it as much.

uglyscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
jtr
Rock God

Member # 41068
Currently carry the Letherman Blast every day, would be lost without it. I did like the Wave better and will be going back when/if the Blast fails.
jtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #41 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 30586
I carry a leatherman, knife, and flash light everywhere I go. Its funny how everyone gives me shit until they need to borrow one of them.

rockcrawln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 18592
Send a message via AIM to binderbound
I cant stand having shit in my pockets, hanging on me, getting hung up on stuff. I tried really hard to get used to carrying one, but after I broke most of the parts doing easy stuff,(side clip like ugly posted) I said fawk it. I hated lying down and having it in my side or my hip. They just werent durable enough for me to put up with the hassles of carrying one.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 9152
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyscout View Post
Leatherman sideclip -- have had one for over 10 years. Carry it and use it everyday.

I have had bigger models and always come back to the sideclip. It fits in my pocket, doesn't need a carrying case, never in the way, etc, etc....

They were discontinued 4-5 years ago - so I bought a few 'extras' on ebay. They have since come out with a newer clip model, but it is bigger and has plastic on it, I have one and don't like it as much.

^ This. I won it at a Union picnic raffle about ten years ago and it's still my favorite. Being an Oregonian (where Leatherman and most of the quality knives are made), I have a good collection and this is the one I have on me all day every day.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 143241
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyfootdaredevil View Post
I have a knife I have carried everyday without fail for a long time. I doubt I would have much luck at putting it in a drawer. Do you guys that carry a multi tool on your belt also carry a knife in your pocket?

Light, knife, wallet, gun, keys, money and now a multi tool. I might be in the market for a satchel like Texas Blake!
Just carry a purse like PTShram.
Jbevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:08 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 140312
I have a Leatherman SuperTool that I've had for 12 years. The wire cutters are a bit messed up, and I snapped off one of the flat screwdrivers, but I use it all the time.
sometoyotaguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #46 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 63534
I never got used to the leatherman hanging off of my belt, but I do carry a knife everyday in my right pocket. Lately (for about 3 years now) I have carried the Benchmade mini griptilian. absolutely love that knife. I just keep my Leatherman Surge in the pocket of my truck seat. It still gets lots of attention on daily basis, it just does not go everywhere with me like my knife.

Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by timritchieblue View Post
Their $7000 bolt ons, I told that bitch, id make ya famous....ta da..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsize80cherokee View Post
If you admit to 'rollin coal' on purpose, then you probably take dick in your butt for fun.
toy4x4ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 102519
Send a message via AIM to '89bronco302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosalabad View Post
I carry a Victornox SwissTool. I've had it since about 2000. It lives in my laptop bag so it goes everywhere with me.
x2 Had mine for about 5 years. Carry it at work, fishing, hiking, etc. Mostly keep it in my truck now though. Held up to everything I've thrown at it so far.
'89bronco302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 140312
Quote:

I carry a folder and a swiss army knife as well. They all have their uses. You certainly wouldn't want to try to defend yourself with a leatherman.
sometoyotaguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 68805
Quote:

Wheeling buddy called me a walking SOG commercial....had the powerassist on my right, their Creed on my left, and the Vulcan Tanto in my pocket.

TJVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #50 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 83100
Little Squirt PS4. If I need a bigger tool, I'll get the right tool for the job. Fits well in my pocket. It's a replacement, they don't make the original one I was given 15 years ago. Used it to cut an energized wire, melted the wirecutter so it wouldn't cut any more. With the riveted construction, they don't repair them, they just replace them. I have a full size Gerber in my heavy coat.