milton quick coupler for air hose - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wish it was my job!

Member # 2134
Send a message via AIM to foley
milton quick coupler for air hose

So I purchased an S711 coupler set at Gebos (local tractor supply like company in Texas that caters to actual ranchers).

I've often said in my shop as I heard an air hose hissing that my threshold was progressively higher. I think it's around $30 - 40 now. That's my amount I would pay for an air hose coupler that was guaranteed to work for 5 years and not leak.

I always get in a hurry and buy some chinese POS at lowes when mine leak, and six months later I'm back to the same song.

So this unit seems much more durable and more accurately toleranced than the usual chinese crap. The fit and finish on all the parts is definitely better than most, and it shows in the smooth mate of the coupler. What is interesting is that I cannot find where it was made. The package says "Milton Industries, Chicago" but not "Made in ____" anywhere. The product also does not have a country of origin marked on it. I'd like to think / hope I finally found a quality American made product, but I can't tell.

Anyway, thumbs up so far, installed it and tested it with the OEM supplied male coupler and several old worn out ones in my shop. I got a good seal every time. It was also reasonably priced, $5 or 6 for a male and female side. That's well under my pain threshold.

https://miltonindustries.com/
foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Got an ancient milton M style brass one that is holding up strong after god knows how many years of commercial hose reel service, then a few years in our shop.

Just replaced it with some scandinavian made one that when you disconnect it the detent sleeve stays back, so that you just jam it on the tool and it locks.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 9835
Work sent me out to Plano Illinois for the week. They had a grand opening down the street from my motel for a place called Rural King and I was there the day they opened. Its kind of like a Farm and Fleet for you midwesteners. Back to topic, they have the biggest Milton display I have ever seen. I spent 80 bucks on various couplers, air guns, swivels, etc. I just looked at the packaging and all the labels are dated 2003 or 2005 on the back. None of them say anything about where they are made. In my experience Miltons are better than any other quick coupling. You can also buy them at car quest auto parts. This Rural King also has a great display of Milwaukee and Stihl products.
ChiScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 140878
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
Got an ancient milton M style brass one that is holding up strong after god knows how many years of commercial hose reel service, then a few years in our shop.

Just replaced it with some scandinavian made one that when you disconnect it the detent sleeve stays back, so that you just jam it on the tool and it locks.

I think you're talking about "L" style.

I use them at work. I however prefers "M" style as it's most popular style. Nothing piss me off more than when I go to a shop and none of my air tool will work.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailTamer XJ View Post
I think you're talking about "L" style.

I use them at work. I however prefers "M" style as it's most popular style. Nothing piss me off more than when I go to a shop and none of my air tool will work.
Nah, both are M, or at least accept M style male connector ends without leaking.

Only thing I hate about it is that little 3/16" hole the air has to go through. I'd go with some high flow ones, but every shop I know of uses standard M fittings everywhere...
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote