Longevity vs Everlast Tig Machines - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 36011
Longevity vs Everlast Tig Machines

I was looking through some past threads and I see alot of reviews of the Longevity Tig machines but not to much feedback on the Everlast machines. Does anyone have input as to which is the better machine quality wise? Anyone ever use both? Personally the Everlast machine looks like a nicer quality machine. (looks exactly like a Thermal Arc 200). Also the Everlast uses DINSE 25/50 fittings which would make it nice to run a qulity torch.

I feel like it is really tough to justify a 3K Miller Dynasty when you can get a ready to run inverter type AC/DC tig machine for under 1k. No this machine will not get used everyday and yes it will probably spend most of its life in a cart hidden under a bench.

Sorry beat the dead horse TIG thread but I havent seen to much comparison of the two machines.
Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick

Member # 13344
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
I just spent a good part of the day looking on an assortment of welder forums and just by what I have seen from spamming/smack talking/assholism/customer relations I am not sure I would buy from Everlast.

Longevity has improved thier customer service and they vendor here...so its not like they can get away with shit

as for what is better I have no idea.

You cant ban knowledge, learn to make your own guns right Here.
New York, Colorado, Maryland, Conneticut….is your state next? Yes it is. Write, Vote and Fight.
usmcdoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 12499
I haven't used the TIG function of my Longevity three-in-one machine yet, but I can tell you their customer service is top-notch. When "I" blew up my machine, they had a replacement circuit board in the mail to me on Friday and I was back up and running on Monday.

I have had mine almost half the warranty period and it's still going strong.

Price, performance, customer service (I know it was my fault it failed!) I'm happy.

And, before the Chi-com bashers chime in, I'm still waiting for my 'Merican made plasma to come back to me working.
PTSchram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 36011
One thing I just realized is that the two companies are about 25 minutes away from each other. They are both in the Bay Area. Wonder if they are related or have parts supplied by the same people?

USMCDOC14 - Can you elborate on what you read/found. I have not seen to much on the internet about the Everlast machines.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick

Member # 13344
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
It was just every forum I went to there was a lot of bullshit, posting in other company threads, deleted posts, customer delays, general assholism.

You cant ban knowledge, learn to make your own guns right Here.
New York, Colorado, Maryland, Conneticut….is your state next? Yes it is. Write, Vote and Fight.
usmcdoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
I make websites!

Member # 12429
I'd almost venture to guess they at one point worked at the same company
Old 05-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 145647
I have a Everlast 200dx Tig, Stick for about 18 months now. When I received the pkg it was damaged the housing was badly dented. I called them up multiple times, trying to get them to send me a undamaged machine (what i figured was fair), and i would ship the other back, they gave me the number to the Tech support and he had me go over the machine. He asked if the mounting plate that holds the transformer under it was square with the machine back and front, which checked out fine and i was told everything was fine with the unit. Two months later i received the cover because they had none in stock and had to be shipped from the manufacture. As for welding the unit does good for being my first Tig. I would double check the regulator, If i set flow to 20 psi its pushing 30 psi. I went through 3 tanks before i could figure it out. I hope my experience helps!
Rock-Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 36011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-Rash View Post
I have a Everlast 200dx Tig, Stick for about 18 months now. When I received the pkg it was damaged the housing was badly dented. I called them up multiple times, trying to get them to send me a undamaged machine (what i figured was fair), and i would ship the other back, they gave me the number to the Tech support and he had me go over the machine. He asked if the mounting plate that holds the transformer under it was square with the machine back and front, which checked out fine and i was told everything was fine with the unit. Two months later i received the cover because they had none in stock and had to be shipped from the manufacture. As for welding the unit does good for being my first Tig. I would double check the regulator, If i set flow to 20 psi its pushing 30 psi. I went through 3 tanks before i could figure it out. I hope my experience helps!
Once you got the machine worked out how does it weld? Do you feel like it was a good purchase?

I feel like these machines automatically get a bad wrap as they are import china made...blah blah blah. But who has actually used one? I know it will not be the quality of a Dynasty but you could buy 3.5 of these for the cost...
Old 05-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 170604
I bought an Everlast 250EX to learn on but other projects have kept me from playing with it much. I too researched quite a bit and I noticed Everlast had issues a few years ago but seem to have cleaned up their act as of late. I spent a lot of time on their own bulletin board reading posts from owners and decided to pull the trigger. Only time will tell if I'm happy or not. Jody with weldingtipsandtricks.com seems to like his according to his vids and compares it favorably with a dynasty. But what can you believe from the 'net anyway. I probably won't do much with mine for awhile as there are other projects in the way but when I do, I'll post up my impressions.
Cheers,
cc
Dublin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
me2

Member # 139805
I have a EL PP256. Just got it set up last week. It rocks. Its a loaner. I'm getting a PTIG 250EX when they get some in stock.

I also got a Power Plasma 80. I've only done a few cuts with it, but it works well too. Only issue is some of the fitting on the air hookup aren't right for the port. Other than that, zero complaints.

I burned about 10 pounds of rods arc welding with the PP256. It welds better than my Miller DialArc 250 did.
me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 117776
Everlast seems shady beyond belief and the only reason they have upped the quality is that people were really blasting them on forums and youtube regarding issues and they took notice. From what ive seen of Longevity they do seem to care about the customer and stand behind their products.
66Halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 36011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Halfcab View Post
Everlast seems shady beyond belief and the only reason they have upped the quality is that people were really blasting them on forums and youtube regarding issues and they took notice. From what ive seen of Longevity they do seem to care about the customer and stand behind their products.
I completely agree with Everlast beig shady. I called and talked to someone form the company and got this weird feeling that something just didnt seem right. They were not very professional on the phone. Plus every machine I wanted was out of stock.

I spoke with longevity as well and they answered every question I had and some. If they couldn't answer it, they found someone who could.

Anyone out there have this machine from longevity???

http://www.longevity-inc.com/product...Weld-200SX.php
Old 06-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 145647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' View Post
Once you got the machine worked out how does it weld? Do you feel like it was a good purchase?

I feel like these machines automatically get a bad wrap as they are import china made...blah blah blah. But who has actually used one? I know it will not be the quality of a Dynasty but you could buy 3.5 of these for the cost...
I like the welder, I have trouble with welding Alum. because of my skill level but cold or stainless steel it does great! Its a good tig to start out with, and if you are planning on welding a lot of Alum. look at getting or making a external water cooler.
Rock-Rash is offline   Reply With Quote