Torchmate vs tensorcnc - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 355074
Torchmate vs tensorcnc

I am in the market for a CNC plasma table. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of torchmate versus tensorcnc?
cposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 232466
Looks an awful lot like the TensorCNC bolt together unit looks like it uses carriages that are ShopDroid PlasmaBot 4.0 parts........reminds me I need to get off my ass and get going on my table! $3000 bucks for the basic table without any electronics doesnt seem overly expensive.......never seen one in person though.

Seems like his site is down at the moment, but I was completely happy with parts. And building the basic table is really not that hard to diy.
NoSleep Studio
Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 80692
The electronics package is from a reputable source. Candcnc electronics is second to none. Another option is Bulltear.com (Pirate user: MC) which is a long time vendor on here. Quick to reply if you have issues and is active on Candcnc support forum.

You may think your saving a lot of money by buying cheap but scrapped plate starts to add up.

Torchmate is also well supported on the forum. I would talk to both Bulltear and Torchmate to see which company meets your needs and future needs.

Long time Candcnc user but built from scratch table.

Now cutting 80% tomahawk for the DIYer
Shefron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 18838
We have an ArcLight CNC with the water table, getting used daily. Awesome table. Tech support is awesome as well.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 89483
Look at the Bulltear components, and compare then to any other hobby machine. they are hugely overbuilt, run CandCNC electronics (best track record out there) and cost the same or less than competitors.

Look at the sliding cartridge bearings and ways, they are massive. The same kind of ways on the ultra-precise million dollar grinders at work, they hold tenths's no sweat. (not that you need that accuracy for plasma), but I can tell you those types of bearings will run 24/7 for years and years, with 100's of pounds of equipment hanging off them. The gantry is robust enough to router and mill.
Huge 'throat' under the head, lots of clearance. The Z-axis looks really rigid, huge bearings again.

The mechanical parts are next generation, no other hobby/light industrial machines offer those burly components.

The old plasma machine in my sig is first gen, only has the extruded rails and v-wheel bearings. Build it 5 years ago, still works great, every other day its making something. Same control package. it is rock-solid reliable.

Last edited by Caper; 08-30-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Caper is offline   Reply With Quote