Pirate 4x4 banner

Check the clearance rack! (sears)

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  scoutkid 
#1 ·
I was at my local sears (cherry creek - Denver) to pick up a long lost socket and a set of Torx (ick) and almost forgot to check the clearance isle.

They are having a huge closeout sale. I score an IR DA and air hammer for get this: 80.00 combined, not each, but total.

Also scored 1" and 7/8ths bits (not hole saws) for under 20.00 each.

Bunch of other stuff was on sale! Worth a look, looks like they are closing out some lines, poss at other stores as well.

#3 ·
If you want a deal on drill bits search "sdihardware" on ebay stores. I got a set of brandy-new in the package DeWalt S&D bits from 1/2" to 1" (in 1/16" increments) for around $25 from him last year. That's over $200 worth of bits if you bought 'em at the local hardware store. True Value wants $40 just for a 1" bit. He's got smokin' prices on hole saws and band saw blades too.

I think he sells mostly surplus and overstock so his inventory is always different. He sells some junky brands (B&D HSS cheapo bits) and some really nice stuff (Lenox hole saws).

I also replaced all the odd bits that I had broken in my cobalt set and got a couple dozen 1/8" and 1/4" bits (I use 'em for pilot holes so I go through a lot).

#4 ·
scoutkid said:
sweet! but thats just cause no one in their right mind shops at Sears in cherry creek ya rich bastid :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Looks like i know where i am off to tomorrow night! thanks for the tip!
you should. I scored a 180.00 truck box for 89.00

:flipoff2:

#6 ·
Good timing on the thread. I was there today too. I saw a couple of old guys milling around some bins so I went and had a look. I scored a 3 pc set of self feed bits for drillign wood studs for $15 and a 4 pc Craftsman pro (black handle) plier set (channel locks, slip joint, needle nose and digs) for $20.

#8 ·
SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVAR! Thanks for the lead man!! I stopped in my local store, found the 'little green clearance tent' and there was a $100 torque wrench for $50. As i picked it up my roomate said 'here is a big compressor', knowing good and well i have been looking for a good deal on one. I figured it was just 'close by' the clearance stuff, but sure as shit, on sale about 50% off, a 60 gallon 7 hp Craftsman Professional series!! Out the door for $293!!! AWESOME! I have been looking at 40 year old ones for that money, and i would have to have them shipped! I am SUPER pleased! Thanks again for the lead!! :D :D

Attachments

#13 ·
scoutkid said:
, a 60 gallon 7 hp Craftsman Professional series!!

just so you and others know that 7 HP is start-up HP used from the tandome conpacitors, the acutal running HP is 2.9

just about every compresor manufacture advertises the start-up HP but not the running HP :rolleyes:

#15 ·
when your crusing sears for bargains, pay attention to those items that have "88" cents at the end of the price. It indicates that once those items are gone, they won't be restocking them. If you ask, you may get a bit more off the sale price. They knocked an addition chunck off an IR compressor they were trying to get rid of to recover their floor space.

#16 ·
I dropped by both local Sears stores to me and both had a large assortment of tools on sale.

I picked up a set of their stamped style geared box-end wrenches (metric) for $25, not bad IMHO.

They also had a bin of "used" and "open box" drills, sanders, grinders, and planers that were all marked about 20% off retail. I may head back and pick up that 1/2" chuck hammer drill for $41 that I saw...

#17 ·
I scored some SK brand 3/8 allen bit sockets both metric and US, long and short for $7 per set. Catalog price is $34 per set!

Also found some Klein nutdrivers, Wiha insulated screwdrivers and Craftsman tool bag for like 75% off. Scrounging through the clearance bins is well worth the two minutes of time it takes - you never know what you'll find.

#18 ·
scoutkid said:
SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVAR! Thanks for the lead man!! I stopped in my local store, found the 'little green clearance tent' and there was a $100 torque wrench for $50. As i picked it up my roomate said 'here is a big compressor', knowing good and well i have been looking for a good deal on one. I figured it was just 'close by' the clearance stuff, but sure as shit, on sale about 50% off, a 60 gallon 7 hp Craftsman Professional series!! Out the door for $293!!! AWESOME! I have been looking at 40 year old ones for that money, and i would have to have them shipped! I am SUPER pleased! Thanks again for the lead!! :D :D
Dude for $239 you just scored your ass off. You have a seperate box for it so who cares? You can even rebuild those Sears oil-less too I think. In any case, who cares again because you paid $239 for it!

The air delivery on those 175psi pros are really really good at 90 aren't they? What's yours?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.