Pirate 4x4 banner

Popular die sizes?

785 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  abrogate 
#1 ·
The title says it all.

no need to flame, i have searched pretty extensively, and really didnt find much. i am sure maybe one of you culd find exactly what i am looking for in your first search, but i couldn't find shit over the past few days of searching many different subjects.

i am looking at getting a few dies for my JD2 model 3. i already have the 1 3/4" 6.5" CLR round tubing die. it was great for doing my rollcage/exocage and that type stuff, but there are a few things that i think that 1 3/4" is over kill.

what CLR's do you find most useful for 1", 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" round tubing dies?

i know what is offered, but what is the all around most useful? i know that this sounds vague, because each different CLR could be better suited than the others. but, in general rollcage, bumper, links, etc. or even full on buggy fabrication, what would you recommend.

#3 · (Edited)
When I looked to answer the same question, I was directed to buy the smallest CLR available for any particular die. You only risk wrinkling the tubing if the wall thickness is too thin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.