Pirate 4x4 banner

Just found a terrific "Tool"!!!!!!!!!!!

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  hornett22 
#1 ·
It's actually a book! It's called "Pocket Ref". It's a pocket reference book that has info on literally everything!! Torque specs, HP vs. Tq formulas, first aid, screw pitches and thread strength, Pipe sizes, pressure ratings, frictional losses, Math formulas for every concievable shop question, and coversion tables to match, fuse box wiring, rated loads of different size/type of wiring,
It has a whole chapter on saw blades and cutting wheels, it can even show you how to figure out what an electric pump costs per hour to run! It tells you the strength of various angles for triangulation, it even tells you how to read clouds, every area code in the world, as well as time zones, zip codes, all kinds of stuff.
It tells you how to measure a tree and figure out how many board feet of lumber there is before you cut it down, Tells you how to wind a coil, tells you about batteries and their capabilities,
It even tells you how to rate Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earth quakes, Tidal waves,
How to rate the strength of rope and cable, what knots work best with what types of rope, how to tie every knot known to man,(I'm ex-Navy, and it has knots I didn't know!!)
It tells you how to Identify resistors by color code, It Identifies all the major chemicals you may come into contact with, safe exposures, what to do if you've been exposed to these chemicals...
This is only a small list of the info in this book!!! I could crash the server and still not list all the info this book provides!! This book is Pocket sized, but unless yo have perfect eyesight, you may need a magnifying glass.
This book also has a Companion called "Handyman in your Pocket" that has an equal amount of info, but is more geared towards home repair/ improvement.
With this book, someone whose never seen a hammer could build a house!!
These books are available through Sequoia Publishing.

See less See more
#4 ·
#6 ·
I bought one years ago at a hardware store up here called "Eagle." Lowes and Home Depot usually have them near the checkstands.

Since then I have probably bought 5 more to have in various locations or have given to friends.

I have even met a guy that collects them! Stores will put their emblem on them and sell them.

#8 ·
at HF today using the 20% coupon that was posted this past weekend and happened to notice a few Pocket Ref's on the counter behind the counter. Picked one up for $10...will make great bathroom reading and some good gifts for new wheeler's/friends.

#9 ·
All I can add is that if doomsday hits and I survive I want mine in my pocket.I will be the technology God.People will be on their knees begging me for help.Of course I will of course give it out freely :grinpimp:

#11 ·
Camarogenius said:
Sceep,
Please provide details about this "Machinery's Handbook".

The Bible of all things mechanical.

2630 pages of all things involving mechanical design and engineering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.