Pirate 4x4 banner

tig torch fingertip remote control?

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bgreen 
#1 ·
So what do you have and do you like it or not?

I'm leaning towards a North to South fingertip control like this:

Here's the East to West version

I'm tired of draging my foot control around/under/on-top of my rig.

See less See more
#2 ·
I can see what you mean about trying to work on a rig with a foot control, but I have never been able to get as even control with a fingertip over a foot control. I do slightly better with the E/W version over the N/S version that I have tried.

#5 ·
If you are going to be doing confined-space welding in vehicles, or inside anything for that matter, those "zipper" switches are pretty handy. I used to work shipboard on the big LCAC hovercraft on Camp Pendeleton, those switches helped a ton when welding Aluminum out of position below deck.

If you are sitting at a bench, the foot pedal is the way to go.

#6 ·
jstarnes said:
how bout the Tank Tread? http://www.ckworldwide.com/amperage_controls.htm

I can work mine with my thumb, index finger, combo of both, left or right handed
I have a Lincoln one just like the one pictured above. At first I hated it. But after using it for a few months Im beginning to like it. I wanted to use a hand amp rather than a foot amp just so I would learn the hardest first. It was a good purchase IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.