Pirate 4x4 banner

Jack Handle Source?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  EMG7895 
#1 ·
I have an Arcan floor jack that I bought at an auction and is missing half of the two-piece handle. I've searched online for some place that sells floor jack parts but can't find any, nor can I find a site for Arcan itself. Any body got any ideas? Are jack handles universal, could I get a jack handle from say a Napa or Craftsman jack and use it? Yeah I know I could just get a piece of tubing and fab my own but I want the knurling!

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Dusty

#6 ·
Knurling is nice. I had the exact same situation when my handle went missing. I had the metal shop teacher where I teach knurl a piece of pipe for me. It works real nice. So I guess you could take a piece of pipe to your local high school or tech school and get it knurled for free. It is one of the few metal working operations that they still do at my school after having gotten rid of the machines in favor of IBM's with plotters.

#7 ·
Dusty said:
I have an Arcan floor jack that I bought at an auction and is...
SNIP!
...could just get a piece of tubing and fab my own but I want the knurling!
Dusty
Dusty, I used to aggree with you about teh knurling, but after working at the bodyshop where I am now, I have realized that knurling doesn't help that much when wearing rubber gloves...what we have is Matco jacks with the top six inches slightly padded than wrapped with cloth tape(like duct tape but cloth and coloured..like that black-green gaffers tape) it's really grippy and works great! even when greasy..and if you need to change it just remove and redo for fifteen cents!!
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.