Pirate 4x4 banner

Weight Bench Welding Cart

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  90Beater 
#1 ·
I got a little side tracked today. I'm cleaning out my garage and I get to an old weight bench I haven't used in years. Should I toss it in the back yard to be forever ignored or chop it up and toss it. Then the light lit up above my head. I plan on getting a Millermatic 175 soon and it will have a tank. Why not use it to build my own cart. The D on the front is the only part that is in the position it originally was. The rest was cut, welded, cut some more until it worked. After I thought I was done I dug the old bar rests out of the trash and will use them for cable holders. I painted it camo to match my Bronco.

I left room for any size tank. If I put the welder on one side I can attach a basket to hold spare spools, tips and other welding accessories.

See less See more
#3 ·
I wouldn't mind staying with a Lincoln welder but comparing the 175 amp models with infinate power settings I can get a much better deal on a Miller.

I am in the process of installing a sub panel with a 30Amp 240Volt breaker for the welder and a 20 Amp 120 Volt for lights and a 20 Amp 120 Volt for extra plugs in my garage. I plan on installing everything but connecting the final power to the main curcuit. I have a buddy that lives close by and is an electrician for that.

The best price I have found so far is $665 for the Millermatic 175, I am still unshure on what size tank will best suit my needs. I was going to buy a 20 CF but was told that would run out very fast.

#7 ·
Thanks but I ended up with the Miller 175. It was at my doorstep when I got home from work tonight. I liked my mini Lincoln but I'm sure my Miller will help me to make better welds in the future.
The two side by side.

I got a 40Cf tank with it but it was smaller than I was expecting.

I have many projects planned for my Beater, I am now much closer now that I have a real welder. I also have a new Pro Tools bender thanks to Billyji. My first job once I complete my garage wiring will to build a stand for the new bender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.