Pirate 4x4 banner

inch pound torque wrench and other Dana gear install tools

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Brandon 
#1 ·
ok, I've decided to tackle my gears. I have a dial indicator and a 20 ton press w/clamshell tool.

From what I read the only other thing I really need is the inch pound torque wrench. I've heard they can be gotten from HF but I don't see em on the site, I might stop by later to see if they have them in my store. Where else might I find one reasonably priced and whatever else I need?

thanks!!

#10 ·
If youre going high end, look at Proto, they seem to be the standard for dial type torque wrenches. If youre going to use it more than a couple of times, or feel better to have a little more accuracy, I'd go with a dial type wrench. I remember paying about $165 or so for the Proto...

#15 ·
I wont argue with Spicers specs, but Yukon lists 17-30 for a 60. That is a very wide range, most axles have a MUCH narrower range of pinion bearing preloads. The beam style wrenches are OK, I like the dial type just because its a little more confidence inspiring. One thing with beams, be careful to read them straight on. Thats probably the biggest cause of beam style inaccuracy.

#16 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.