Pirate 4x4 banner

ARB air locker compressor

797 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tech Tim 
#1 ·
My air compressor seems to have stopped working. I flips the switch and nothing happens. I checked the fuse and all lines running to and from the compressor and it all looks good. Any help would be appreciated. Oh by the way its 'XJ.

#5 · (Edited)
LOL! It does not have belts!!! You guys are killing me!!!

Call ARB USA, or PM Tech Tim. Tim works in Tech support for ARB, he may have some suggestions.

If you have a voltmeter, and know how to use it: You can try the following:

With the compressor switch on, you should have 12Volts on one side of the switch. So, One side is feeding the 12 volts from the relay, and the other goes to the compressor motor +12V (Should be red).

If +12V is there, and the tank pressure is below 80 PSI, the switch should be closed, and the motor should run. Bypass the pressure switch and touch those 2 connectors together, and see if the motor runs. If it does, the pressure switch is bad, and failed in the open position, if it does not, the motor may be toast, and the smoke was let out.

If +12V is not there, could be a bad relay, or the switch is bad and not turning the relay on.

#6 ·
steveh said:
LOL! It does not have belts!!! You guys are killing me!!!

Call ARB USA, or PM Tech Tim. Tim works in Tech support for ARB, he may have some suggestions.

If you have a voltmeter, and know how to use it: You can try the following:

With the compressor switch on, you should have 12Volts on one side of the switch. So, One side is feeding the 12 volts from the relay, and the other goes to the compressor motor +12V (Should be red).

If +12V is there, and the tank pressure is below 80 PSI, the switch should be closed, and the motor should run. Bypass the pressure switch and touch those 2 connectors together, and see if the motor runs. If it does, the pressure switch is bad, and failed in the open position, if it does not, the motor may be toast, and the smoke was let out.

If +12V is not there, could be a bad relay, or the switch is bad and not turning the relay on.

Steve pretty much listed the first few tests, so I can't add much more until BoJ does those.

We do have a troubleshoot test guide I can email over, it lists step by step how to test your compressor system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.