Pirate 4x4 banner

Electric Impacts?

768 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Kartracer55 
#1 ·
I keep seeing these electric and battery powered impact wrenches. They're made by milwaukee and dewalt and other big names. Are they worth a damn?

#9 ·
I also have the 1/2" Dewalt, had to replace the rocker switch once and resolder a wire for the winding after it seperated... Had it for maybe the last 5 or 6 years, reason for purchase was I didn't have an air compressor and a Dewalt dealer was nearby. Purchase price was $160. I have been looking for a decent price on a Makita with the aluminum gear housing and 3/8" anvil, most seem to come as a 1/4" driver...

The Dewalt doesn't like snapping 9/16" studs off too well. Went through two before I found out they were threaded the opposite way, guess it got a little warm.

#11 ·
Kartracer55 said:
The currectn electeric dewalts are in the 300ftlbs range. I believ 350. They are pretty powerfull, but rather slow... Air is much better, but The electrics are nice for when yo dont have air. Sure beats doin it by hand.

Jim

mine is the dw290 7.5 amp. there is no way it will put down 300ftlbs no matter how long you run it. mabey its time for a new motor or a new unit alltogether.

#14 ·
SwampCrawler said:
Does anyone have any experience with this cordless impact? http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/IR-2512K.html
Looks like it packs a pretty good punch for its size. Just dont know how good IR's electric tools are......

That thing was just intorducd less than a year ago. I would bother. Id say if your looking for a cordless impact gw ith dewalt. And get it in 18v. The reason i sya this is because dewalt has an extremely extensive line of 18v cordless tools. Build your colelction, and have interchangeable batteries. I started otu with an 18v xrp drill, and I plan to buy the 3/8 cordless from dewalt for the track.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.