Pirate 4x4 banner

Tube prices, good find I think

1K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  NitroRClover 
#1 ·
Well I kinda just some browsing to see if there was a set on going thread about where to find a low cost on tubing. I didnt see anything? I also, dont know if its cause it pertains to a company then if you post a price for a company and their-for is not allowed cause that company isnt a vendor here, but... In any case, I have found that where I thought was decent pricing has recently went up way to much so I went searching for better price on tube.

I will say that Schoor metal here in anaheim Ca has gotten WAY out of hand! SO a few places I found were about 50-60% cheaper were, EMJ at 323-567-1122. At $4.67(delivered) per ft for 4130 1.75x.120 wall thats the cheapest I could find! same in DOM was only $3.13 per ft. Sh1t Schoor was like 115$ for 10FT!!

Then theres Tubular Steel INC at 1-800-388-7498 in rialto that was Great in pricing also! about the same...

I am only posting to try and help those that are looking for tube at a resonable cost here in so cali. they both deliver most anywhere between palm springs, high desert to san diego.

Rob

#4 ·
i've been hitting up schorr most everyday-every other day for random pieces on my build or for work...it's just so damned convenient! getting ready to order tube for my junk so i'll call the numbers, thanks man.

#13 ·
Anyone got prices from nor cal? Maybe sacramento area? or Auburn? New to this, just getting a bender so I am trying to find places that sell the tubing, and if they have good prices that would sweeten the deal...lol...Thanks

#16 ·
one last bump for any new sources.....i totalled up what i need, really not that much....3 20' sticks of 2" dom, 3 20' sticks of 1.75 HREW. ought to be enough to get the basic layout of the cage done...the rest i can use rem's. i'll make some calls tomorrow and post my findings.

#18 ·
I'm getting about $440 delivered total from EMJ and Tubular for 2 20' 2" dom, 2 20' 1.75" hrew and 1 20' 1" hrew. per foot the prices are vastly different, but they end up around the same total. Marmon Keystone was more expensive with will call then delivered by the other places.

#19 ·
socalchef said:
I'm getting about $440 delivered total from EMJ and Tubular for 2 20' 2" dom, 2 20' 1.75" hrew and 1 20' 1" hrew. per foot the prices are vastly different, but they end up around the same total. Marmon Keystone was more expensive with will call then delivered by the other places.

dude did you piss someone off when you called? I am only paying $3.39ft for 1.75x.120DM and 2.85 for the 1.5x.120 DOM. so that sounds like your not getting a good price from them? Try Jenny at 800-388-7498 (tubular steel inc) they deliver also.

#20 ·
i forget the name of the girl i talked to, a happy sounding chick, jenny or kelly maybe. she asked if i was building a buggy and said she was getting a lot of orders from around here for similar stuff. 2.82/ft for 1.75" hrew, 4.95/ft for 2" dom, and 1.40/ft for 1" hrew. EMJ was 3.79/ft for the 2" dom. i'll ask for jenny and see if i can get the 2" price dropped and i'll order an extra stick of that instead of the 1", and just pull that from rem's at local yards. the prices she gave me were delivered also.

ended up with 60' of 1.75" DOM, 60' of 2" DOM, and 20' of 1" HREW for $540 taxed and delivered. saves me the hassle of standing around at schorr and having to leave work for a bit i guess....She couldn't go much lower on the 2", and I could have built it all out of 1.75", but this is only my second cage and I'm doing the back half out of tube also, so like I said on the last cage build, I'd rather overbuild it some. I used all 2" HREW on the last one and only flopped once, a nice direct hit at the top of the A pillar, and it faired really well, but progression is key, or something.

Are you Rob? She asked if I worked with you, our orders were similar or something near the same area maybe?

#21 ·
lookin4fun_inca said:
I also, dont know if its cause it pertains to a company then if you post a price for a company and their-for is not allowed cause that company isnt a vendor here, but...

Rob
Just an FYI: if someone asks about a product - you, a yellow star vendor, your grandma, a company representative, manufacturer sales rep, or President Bush can add any repevant info pertaining to the question asked, INCLUDING prices or other info specific to their source or information.

#22 ·
socalchef said:
i forget the name of the girl i talked to, a happy sounding chick, jenny or kelly maybe. she asked if i was building a buggy and said she was getting a lot of orders from around here for similar stuff. 2.82/ft for 1.75" hrew, 4.95/ft for 2" dom, and 1.40/ft for 1" hrew. EMJ was 3.79/ft for the 2" dom. i'll ask for jenny and see if i can get the 2" price dropped and i'll order an extra stick of that instead of the 1", and just pull that from rem's at local yards. the prices she gave me were delivered also.

Yeah, just tell her to price match it, she will..

#23 ·
she said she couldn't. i could've gotten the 2" from EMJ but then liquidating the order could have raised the price on the other stuff...whatever. it's just money and the project is already past due.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.