Pirate 4x4 banner

HF 91012 36" brake

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  chumly2071 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked one of these up last night. the capacities listed for it are greatly exagerated. it is listed as capable of 12 gauge mild steel, which there is no way... 16 gauge is very doable, with a pretty consistent bend radius across the entire 36" width. at a full width 36" bend, it was a pretty hard pull though, using the short handles of the bending wing. price matching on the website, and using the 20% off coupon made it a relative bargain for the price, but it is not capable of what it claims to be, unless doing short pieces near the ends of the beam. they didn't have one set up in the store to visually inspect, so I gambled, and for my needs, I lost. for someone wanting to make up sheet metal patches for their rig, this would be a good unit (this isn't a box and pan brake, however, so it does have some limitations in that regard)

HTH

Chad

EDIT:

I just downloaded the online version of the manual. it is rated for 18" of 12 gauge, and 36" of 16 gauge. my bad. I got the impression when I looked at the product page, it was for 36" of 12 gauge. still a decent tool for the dollars if you play the pricing games.

See less See more
#4 ·
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=130-5234&PMPXNO=954122&PARTPG=INLMK3

this type of brake allows you to remove "fingers" so that after you bend up two opposing flanges to make a "u" shape, you can then rotate the blank 90 and 180 degrees to bend up the other two flanges (the fingers fit between the first two flanges) to make a box with 4 sides and a back. think of the shape of a pan you would use to cook brownies in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.