Pirate 4x4 banner

tube bender hydraulics

890 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MtFeWorx 
#1 ·
ive searched around quite a bit and found a lot of informative tube bender info but the only specific question i still have is, for those of you that have made your own hydraulic setups for your benders could you please tell me what is a good cylinder to use, how you mounted it to the bender , snd maybe where you bought it? thanks, the bender im using is the protools
105hd.

#2 ·
I used a 3" bore 16" stroke welded prince ram. Machined a block that bolts thru the rear frame bolt of my jd2 and has the front of the ram welded in. Looks like the factory jd2 conversion only with a much bigger cylinder which is hooked into my 1500psi max pump. Takes up a hell of a lot less room than these conversions with huge 24" stroke rams mounted way away from the bender. Also, my bender mount needs not be rigid since the bender works off itself. Much nicer. Search my name for pics.

#4 ·
anybody else done their own conversion , for the conversions sold by the bender companies what diameter cyl is used , im looking to find out the size of the hole in the bracket that attaches the cyl to the bender. thanks

#5 · (Edited)
When checking out the harbor freight catalog following the sale thread, I noticed a simple mandrel bender they have for like 70$, with a hydraulic ram and stout frame. Got dies and everything, and claims to be able to handle 2" tubing, including square. Forgetting about the merits of a harbor freight tool, anybody have experience with a tool like this? How does it compare to a more complicated and well made protools/jd2 unit like you guys are talking about? Its the type with a symetric frame, equidistant rollers on both sides, and the ram pushes the mandrel up from the middle between the rollers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.