Pirate 4x4 banner

Gorilla Rack, Nice Stuff

830 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Aces'n'8s 
#1 ·
I've been letting my buddy with way too much money for a college kid use 1/2 of my 24x24 shop. I used to just have a couple cheep shevles and a 2'x8' ply wood work bench along 1 wall. He went to mendards today and bought enough gorilla rack palet racking to cover 18' of wall space. The Stuff is nice but isn't cheep. We used the 30" wide x96" tall end pieces and put a 4' section over the air compressor, an 8' section for a work bench, and another 6' for pure storage. Were planning on building an insulated and vented to the outside section around the air compressor to quiet it down a little, we put an 8' section at the perfect hight for a work bench and a 30" buit in drawer under it, it still needs some aluminum covering and some reinforcements for a vice mount. The stuff is working out nicely we just need a bunch more cross pieces and particle board for shevles. I'll try and get some pics, it's the stuff menards sells, the company's web site is www.gorillarack.com I'm sure there are cheeper options and i'd like to here how other people have used cheeper options of pallet racking since this stuff will probably move out when my buddy does.

#2 ·
I have the same stuff...love it:D

#3 ·
Those Gorilla Racks are very nice. A lot of industrial shelving uses that locking system for shelf racks. I salvaged about four units that had five shelves each from a liquor store that used that locking system. It's nice to be able to adjust the height of any shelf to accomodate differing materials.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.