Pirate 4x4 banner

sound damper for shop

619 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Clodhopper 
#1 ·
im looking for any recommendations for a sound insulator for my garage(drywall walls/ceiling with concrete floors). Im just looking for something cheap(if possible) to keep noise from escaping the garage and entering the neighbors adjoining house. I was thinking about foam matress pads or just extra sheets of plywood or drywall to put up over the existing walls. thanks

#2 ·
DaDunc205x said:
im looking for any recommendations for a sound insulator for my garage(drywall walls/ceiling with concrete floors). Im just looking for something cheap(if possible) to keep noise from escaping the garage and entering the neighbors adjoining house. I was thinking about foam matress pads or just extra sheets of plywood or drywall to put up over the existing walls. thanks
The first thing I would keep in mind is the potential of a fire.

#5 ·
Im not going to do major grinding/welding, so im not worried about a fire. It just echoes like crazy and im worried that everyone else will have to listen to me work on the truck, beat things with a hammer, drill metal, etc.. The shape of the room amplifies the sound a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.