Pirate 4x4 banner

welding over an epoxy floor

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  JTMcC 
#1 ·
i did a little welding in our shop last week.we have an epoxy floor and u cant weld over it.just a little welding left a lot of burn holes.is there something i could but to put over the floor where im welding besides having a welding spotter tell me when the cardboard i put down is on fire?

#5 ·
did you place what you were welding directly on the floor? i have done a ton of welding in my shop including a few complete build ups and have not harmed the epoxy floor (where my floor jack rolls most often is another story). when ever i need to weld something at floor level i use a big galvanized drip pan under my work.

#13 ·
Plywood fitted up tight with the edges duck taped will work well for a long time. I've used that many times on delicate floors.
The Hoover Dam powerhouses have beautifull terrazzo floors made in the 30's, we burned tons of rod in there using plywood/duck tape.
We do the same when welding piping on commercial building roofs, most of them are the rubber type membrane that is very easy to burn holes in and they have to replace the section of roof if we damage it.
The thin/cheap stuff works fine.

JTMcC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.