Pirate 4x4 banner

Bosch Hammerdrill Tech

483 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ztec 
#1 ·
Ok so Im tryin to fix my bosch sds rotor hammer, you know the big ones with the splined drill bits. Im no tool repair expert so pardon my lack of technical terms. So when you pull the trigger its makes the hum, buzz noise it would normally make but the motor does nothing. Upon opening it up there appears to be a rectifier that is the next thing in the circuit after the trigger switch. It looks just like a regulator rectifier on a motorcycle thats the only reason Im guessing thats what it is, but hey maybe its something totally different. When testing resistance between the supply and the send one side has 0 and one is almost 4 ohms, if it is actually a rectifier that would normally mean its bad. So what Im getting at is would a power tool motor be a DC motor? Arnt most or all electric motors? Should each leg of a rectifier have the same resistance?

#3 ·
pharmteck said:
Take it to FASTENAL....they will fix it.:smokin:
The tool use to belong to my boss and he is pretty hard headed. After I had put about 10 minutes of research in it he was determined that it was a waste of time and it will never get fixed, so he said throw it away and went and bought some 1200 dollar hilti. I would love for the problem to be some easy bolt on part so that I can have a expensive tool for cheap. I saw fastenal but the capital rentals that is right by my house works on them to, if it comes down to it thats what Ill do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.