Pirate 4x4 banner

Rebuild or Replace Power Washer Pump...

785 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  woody99 
#1 · (Edited)
My cheap ($300-400) Generac purchased at Home Depot has had some problems for a few years... It is about 5 years old. I would have a hard time getting it to stay in High Pressure Mode for an extended period of time. Basically I would have to hold the nozzle on the entire time otherwise forget about getting it into High Pressure Mode if I left off of it. Oh, yeah it is 2300psi, 2.9 gallon per minute, with a 6hp Briggs and Stratton Motor

1. Buy a new Power Washer?
  2. Have the pump rebuilit
  3. Buy a new pump?

#4 ·
Just borrowed a friends nozzle. It is not the nozzle. I think I am unable to get the air out of the system which probably means I need to either replace or rebuild my pump! Damn :mad3:

#5 ·
Replace it with a nice belt driven one from http://www.mitm.com/. Been more than happy with mine, had it for over a year using it at least twice a week washing semi's and equipment. Expensive but nice.

Ive rebuilt prolly 20 preasure washer pumps, not worth it. doesn't last, all thats in them cheap ones is a bunch of check valves for the most part. shit load of o rings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.