Pirate 4x4 banner

sand blasting a frame

766 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mudslinger99 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how much a typical body shop might charge for sand blasting the old finish off a frame and the suspension components? The frame is already apart.

#3 ·
if you have a local rental company, look into seeing how much they will rent out their pacakge for. Our package runs bout 200 in the end, without sand. Im not sure how much it will run in your area, but it could be cheaper, granted you have an area where you wont piss people off with sand going everywere.

#4 ·
if you have a local rental company, look into seeing how much they will rent out their pacakge for. Our package runs bout 200 in the end, without sand. Im not sure how much it will run in your area, but it could be cheaper, granted you have an area where you wont piss people off with sand going everywere.

#5 ·
I called around town. There aren't many places that do blasting here, at least for automotive stuff. The quotes were about $150 to do a frame.

I thought about just renting the equipment, but I really don't have any place to use it that wouldn't piss off the neighbors with all the dust... plus the mess it would leave behind. I'll probly just spend the $150 and let someone else do it. Considering how much this project is costing, 150 ain't so bad.

#8 ·
If they will do it for $150 bucks then let them have it :D I have done a couple frames and by the time you buy the material and do all the work it's not worth it to do it yourself.. Small stuff is not bad but a full frame is worth paying to get it done..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.