Pirate 4x4 banner

Hydraulic control valve question

724 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  TheBandit 
#1 ·
I thought I would put this out there in case anyone knows the answer. I have a standard manual 4 way control valve (Prince no 5009), spring return center. Currently in the center position A & B are blocked and P & T are connected.

I would like the center position to block A and connect B, P, and T. This looks similar to a "floating" valve, but the pressure and tank ports are connected instead of the work ports.

I can't find any drawings of the valve's internals, so I'm not sure how the spool works to direct flow. Does anyone know if I can purchase a spool or modify my valve to accomplish this change?

Attached is what I have and what I would like to have. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link. I am familiar with most of those diagrams. It seems they are the most commonly available configurations, but none exactly suit my needs. If I can find the configuration I am looking for, it will eliminate either an extra bypass valve or a barage of check valves in my hydraulic bender circuit.

#7 ·
I talked to Prince Hydraulics and they do not make a valve with a B-P-T connection in the neutral position. I will try contacting other sources, but if they don't have it, it's unlikely to exist.

jstarnes said:
draw out your circut maybe people can lend other ideas
I will have some formal hydraulic circuits drawn up next week and they will be posted in my buildup thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.