Pirate 4x4 banner

Hypertherm 65?

973 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  PAToyota 
#1 ·
I read an ad today in a shopper paper for a plasma cutter for $500.00. I called the guy and he said it's a Hypertherm 65? I know they don't number like that now. Has anyone ever heard of this or is it just older than dirt?

#4 ·
The two digit numbers are from the older Max series - not Powermax. Not exactly sure how old that makes them. My Powermax 1100 is quite a few years old already. You can still get the consumables and such. Contact Hypertherm. They are excellent. When I got mine (used) it did not come with any manuals. Called them up and they sent me the manuals no cost - not even shipping.

#5 ·
Thanks Pat.
I did call Hypertherm before I posted and the tech guy said he'd never heard of it. I talked to the owner twice to verify the number. He owns a welding shop and said he'd owned it for awhile. Given that nobody recognizes the number anymore and it's probably had a hard life I decided to wait on getting one.

#9 ·
Jeepnford said:
Thanks Pat.
I did call Hypertherm before I posted and the tech guy said he'd never heard of it. I talked to the owner twice to verify the number. He owns a welding shop and said he'd owned it for awhile. Given that nobody recognizes the number anymore and it's probably had a hard life I decided to wait on getting one.
Try to get a serial number and Hypertherm should definitely be able to do something with that. I did some checking and did not find a Max 65 - there is a Max 40, 70, 80, and 100 machine. I had just remembered that the two digit machines were the old Max machines and figured there was a 65 as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.