Pirate 4x4 banner

Hydraulic Hose Fitting Crimpers?

692 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  drnut 
#1 ·
Who has what? Im looking and not sure on what to look for, I was looking at a used aeroquip machine. Ive got all the hose sizes and a shitload of fittings, i just setup what i need and go to town and have them crimped. Im tired of that and use alot of hoses.

#2 · (Edited)
some machines (gates i believe) will crimp more than just Gates fittings

parker will only crimp parker (it will crimp any fitting but the spec may be wrong, to loose/ to tight)

with parker there are different dies and spacer plates

some hose you use fitting A and die A spacer plate B

different hose same fitting A die A spacer plate A (more like spacer silver or black)

so basically you look for a machine to crimp the hose/hose fitting your using

if you buy a machine then buy the hose/ fittings that machine crimps

this is not an easy answer cause there are thousands of different hose/fitting combos and hundreds of crimping accessories to chose from

As your attorney I suggest you seek professional help :flipoff2:

#5 ·
We used a manual crimper that had a big crank on the end. You would mount it in a vice and use dies for the fittings. We used them on forklift hydraulic hoses so strenght shouldn't be a problem. It didn't look too expensive and it was easy to operate. I don't remember the name but they can't be that hard to find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.