Pirate 4x4 banner

$5-$6k on a bender

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  bustanutley 
#1 ·
Ok here is the deal. I got myself into a position were I can spend this amount of money on a tubing bender. Just a tubing bender nothing else. So what should I get? I have looked around and don't really know what I should get. Suggestions?

#2 ·
That is a tough range since you will be between a nice JD2 Model/Pro-tools 105 range and a good Ercolina/Ineco setup. If you have need to do tube bigger than 2" you could do a JD2 Model 4 and buy every die you need and still be under.

The thing you need to answer is what exactly you intend to do with a bender and then go from there.

#5 ·
man I'm stuiped I started a thread and forgot to check back. :shaking:

Well anyways I want to make tube frames and shock hoops bumpers etc.. Mind this is not my money I'm spending so no options will go unconsidered.

#6 ·
Unless this is for a business, I think you should buy a JD or Pro Tools bender, convert to hydraulic, and buy a few dies for it. Put the rest of the money into a tube notcher and bending software (like Bend Tech Pro).

The higher end benders are great, but the dies are more expensive. Given your budget, you may not have enough for the machine AND dies unless you buy a used model.

#7 ·
I'd recommend something like the ProTools BRUTE, full hydro kit, and a buttload of dies for any size tube you can think of using. Then like TheBandit suggested, get yourself some nice bending software. That'll get you pretty close to your budget limit.

#8 ·
I'd go with the pro tools 105HD with a degree ring, a few dies like 1.75 and 1.5, go hydro (homebrew). As mentioned above, spend the rest on a good notcher and the software helps for beginners. You'll be amazed at how much it all adds up, it's really not the bender that gets ya, it's the stuff needed afterwards to finish it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.