Pirate 4x4 banner

Bending 1.5X.25 DOM with a Pro-tools bender??

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  zachv 
#1 ·
Have any of you guys used a Pro-Tools bender to bend 1.5X.25 DOM? I have a JD2 bender with a PT 1.5" die set and it seems that the die is designed to start bending too soon, compared to my JD2 dies that seem to start bending about 20 degrees later. This causes a problem with my hydraulic ram because there is not enough leverage at that point to start the bend unless I heat the material. I really don't feel like remounting my ram so I am more inclined to buy a JD2 die set if that would work better.

Any input?

#3 ·
Can you believe that a customer wanted that thickness for a set of steps on his rocker guards. That is cool that he thinks he will wheel so hard to require tube thicker than our standard .120 wall, but it was a real pain. I told him that he will own a "one-of-a-kind" set of AtoZ rockers because we will never do that again.:D
I had the tube available so instead of ordering .134 wall we decided to use that to try to meet his deadline.

#4 ·
Zach, is this a new die or is the newer ram a bit weaker than your previous setup? I know that bender did ok with the .25 wall for the crossmember on my old heep, couple bent bolts and standing back as far as possible waiting for it to pop, but it did it. Whats changed?

#9 ·
Yeah, if they get bent something REALLY wrong happened and there may be worse things to worry about.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.