Pirate 4x4 banner

show your hand made tools

2M views 771 replies 286 participants last post by  ZAG 
#1 ·
Me 1st:D

ok I needed a hand reamer
mine was too long and shaft a tad to big in diameter to fit a tap t handle.
So 1st I cut it in half, try bandsaw knowing it will dull the blade.........doh! wipped off all the teeth:flipoff2:
4" cutoff wheel, 5 seconds done:smokin:

then I fire up the 135 hobart that been unused last 4 months,tack on an old 1/2 bolt that I had turned the hex head off with my lathe for another project.
! bam done:)

works perfect to ream out the last 5 thou

Attachments

See less See more
#478 ·
Well the other day we had a cold snap and my diesel in my old 94 idi apparently wasn't treated and gelled up... So I needed to get the fuel filter off to dump some diesel 911 in there and get her going. Didn't have a filter wrench here at the house so I made one with a spark plug wrench for a small engine (who the hell uses those things anyhow?) and a piece of left-over harbor freight 1" wide ratchet strap.

Cut the hex end off the wrench, milled a 3/16 slot through one side of the tube, Stuck the two ends of the strap through, pulled it out, rolled it up on the end, poked some holes through it and wired it together to make a nice tight roll. Then I stuffed it back in the tube and wa-la, filter wrench!

#481 ·
PAToyota:28963313 said:

WTF mufflers do you have on that thing?

I do want to do something like that (the crane, not the mufflers) on my K2500.
Factory camaro ss mufflers. I bought them for 40 bucks hoping they were quiet but I was dead wrong! Loved them ever since, loud at WOT, quiet when you want it. Everyone thinks they are gas cans?

The crane is sweet. But I wish I had air and air bags for heavier items. Still gets er done

#483 ·
I'm sure they would but this yota doesn't see anything but pavement. Pretty much my recovery vehicle. Picking up a metal lathe tomorrow!

I've considered the support leg but so many times I need to move around with a load. So I can't justify mounting a permanent one, but a jack or couple blocks work fine when I need it.

#500 ·
You should mount a couple receiver hitch mounts on your rig in different places. Then get a HD trailer tongue screw jack and fab a male receiver hitch mount on it. Slide it in on what ever side of the rig you're lifting from and screw it down to the ground to stabilize. Unpin and store when done.

#486 ·
Oil drain pan for my freightliner. Easily holds ten gallons.

#494 ·
Built a split stand for tractors... Have a Hydro 100 that needs an engine rebuild. Have wanted to build one to do clutches and torque amplifiers for a while...

It will adjust sideways for the width of the tractor frame. And slide up and down to adjust the height. A 6 ton bottle jack goes between the two "crossmembers" to hold it to the correct height once installed. That way you can unbolt the tractor in the middle, and roll the front half forwards so you can work on it.

Got it installed and while cranking on the front jack it started jacking the front tires up off the ground. Oughta work fine! After paint...

#495 ·
Built a split stand for tractors... Have a Hydro 100 that needs an engine rebuild. Have wanted to build one to do clutches and torque amplifiers for a while...

It will adjust sideways for the width of the tractor frame. And slide up and down to adjust the height. A 6 ton bottle jack goes between the two "crossmembers" to hold it to the correct height once installed. That way you can unbolt the tractor in the middle, and roll the front half forwards so you can work on it.

This will come in handy. Looking like we're going to have to do the clutch on an old Ford backhoe at some point this year. This will make it much easier, considering the last time we did something like this we used 2 floor jacks. :shaking:

#498 ·
I had some 14 bolt problems and couldn't find a spanner wrench for the carier bearing preload spanners, so I made one. Pretty crude but gets the job done. That split stand is an awesome idea, I'm going to steal that one.

Attachments

#499 ·
Made something similar to a deck-wrecker that someone on here talked about for tearing pallets apart for some pinteresty shit my sister wanted pallet wood for... One side will fit over a single 2x4 and the other side will fit over a double width 2x4 or 4x4.

Built this tonight to drive cylinder liners out of a DT436. Should work well for putting the liners back in too...

Can you spot the liner that is not like the others? :laughing:

#510 · (Edited)
the donkey.. hydrostatic, hydraulic steering, power dumping garden tractor based off a bolens H16. you can sit and ride forward or ride backward with a knee on the seat, a foot on the pad and your hand on the rollbar for steep downhills or tight trailer dolleying with forklift like steering. the one stick is a 4 way that controls all movement. it also has a 3pt hitch with hydraulic lift. the bed can dump up into a truck bed, and was built to be a cement distribution dumper, thats why the spout shape. its water tight. the 3pt is to run an eventual rototiller for dumping manure into the tillers path for a future mini farm

deere 140H3

i made the hydraulic dozer or plow blade (has lockout pin for the snow trip funtion) with hydraulic grapple/root rake combo

the pin on counterweighted drawbar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.