Pirate 4x4 banner

show your hand made tools

2M views 771 replies 286 participants last post by  ZAG 
#1 ·
Me 1st:D

ok I needed a hand reamer
mine was too long and shaft a tad to big in diameter to fit a tap t handle.
So 1st I cut it in half, try bandsaw knowing it will dull the blade.........doh! wipped off all the teeth:flipoff2:
4" cutoff wheel, 5 seconds done:smokin:

then I fire up the 135 hobart that been unused last 4 months,tack on an old 1/2 bolt that I had turned the hex head off with my lathe for another project.
! bam done:)

works perfect to ream out the last 5 thou

Attachments

See less See more
#273 ·
My Craftsman oiless air compressor died on me. I had a gas powered contractors compressor that had a fussy Briggs and Scrap-iron engine that took 1/2 hour to start in cold weather. Mated the two together with a Harbor Freight 2 HP electric motor.

#277 ·
Hydro hose blew out on one of our turning centers. No good way to get to it the way it stopped (no way to bypass alarms and over ride it to where it was workable) without tearing lots of panels off.

I got creative.

Attachments

#283 ·
It is 5 foot wide. It will bend up to 5/8th steel in small sections.
It will bend 1/4 at about 4ft wide. It will flex at that point. Need to rebuild under the die. It is about 5 years old and was built before I built the plasma table. It was built with a torch, bandsaw, and welder. It would look cooler if i rebuilt it. Also, I want to put a back gauge

I have 3 bosses to bolt dies to the knife and a few handmade bottom dies for different thickness metals. There is a 6ft long roller bed on the other side.

#290 ·
I made a neat little tool out of an old roller fairlead to be able to bend saddle gussets.

works pretty pimp for some random shit in the garage. it juuuuuuuust slightly under bends it but I don't mind. I will be clamping them in place to weld anyway.

#294 ·
Here are a couple of shop stools I have made for the South Korean facility. The older one I made nearly 2 years ago out of carbon steel spectacle flanges. The other I made a couple months ago out of stainless steel spectacle flanges. The new one has a larger base on. Both have a seat made out of packing foam covered in high temp glass tape. We needed something that would hold up to rolling around a rough concrete floor while welding and carbon arcing nearly 90 feet of weld out of our vessels. They each have 5 steel swivel castors. The steel one has 3" wheels while the stainless one got 4" versions. Adjustable seat height of course.

Attachments

#299 ·
I build base station 2.8 MW hydrogen fuel cell power plants. When there is something wrong internally with the module it's self or its at the end of it's useful life we cut the top portion of the vessel to access the actual fuel cell stacks. Some may get rebuild, others replaced, updates installed, modifications, etc. The vessels can be re-used several times. Once the new components are installed into the base I weld the lid back down. It takes me about 4.5-5 hours to carbon arc the 90 feet of weld.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.