Any experience with this air compressor??? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 10462
Any experience with this air compressor???

Was at Harbor Freight picking up some odds and ends and looked at this compressor. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90836
Like a lot of their larger stuff you need to see it in person before buying to know if it's junk or not. I've been looking at all kinds of brands and to be honest this looked every bit as good of quality as anything I've looked at so far. Definitely not a Chicom product as it's stamped Made in the USA so I'm wondering who really makes it. I really need a compressor that falls within these specs and with 20% off this would be a nice buy. Anyone actually have one of these or same brand smaller size?
AthlonAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 54928
That one looks alot like the one I got from home depot. I've owen it for around 2.5 years. The motor went up in smoke with in 4 months. They replaced it for free in my garage. Then the head gasket went just a few months ago. Other than that I do enjoy knowing that I can run any one of my air tools or equipment and not have to worry about waiting for the compressor keeping up.

It's going to be a good day tater

Swamp Stompers 4x4 club.
jeeppoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2006, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 68458
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeppoor
That one looks alot like the one I got from home depot. I've owen it for around 2.5 years. The motor went up in smoke with in 4 months. They replaced it for free in my garage. Then the head gasket went just a few months ago. Other than that I do enjoy knowing that I can run any one of my air tools or equipment and not have to worry about waiting for the compressor keeping up.

What model number did you buy from home depot?
TiMe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 26164
The big compressors I've seen at HD the last 6 mos are made by Campbell-Hausfeld. If you look on the compressor it will say Campbell-Hausfeld on a tag. I'm not sure who makes the American General.
1986 Bronco
1981 Bronco
2007 Wrangler JK
Jess James is offline   Reply With Quote