Anybody using a Pro 200 bender? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 11921
Anybody using a Pro 200 bender?

I am looking at this bender, its just a little more then the Pro 105HD with stand, so right at the bottom for cheaper benders

http://www.pro-tools.com/200.htm

Anybody using one? Horror stories? Junk? Have a used one you want to sell? I know one limitation is they are only 90 degree max, but I am not sure when I would bend more then that. (no giant stinger for me).

The reason I am looking at this is I rent my garage and often am working on my junk in one of my friends garages. I like that this is portable and doesn't require being mounted to a fixed mount.

I know of people mounting the manual ones to 2" square to use in a reciever but I worry I would do somethign stupid and dent my pickup.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 11921
anyone?
Old 02-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted to Gear Oil

Member # 56050
I'm guessing by the lack of response, no... The 90* limited bend seems to be the reason it's not as popular as the JD2 and Pro tools 105.
Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here--> www.lugnut4x4.com
guidolyons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 64358
I have read that the people who use it like it. The biggest disadvantage is not doing a full 180. You can do a 180, but it will have a little bit of space in the center. The only issue that I have heard is that since the follower support is higher up, it sometimes is a little work keeping it from falling when moving the tube around. That seems to be why people that are building there own are moving the follower roller down to the bottom.
I like the vertical benders because they are portable, and save space. If I need to use it I just move it out to the driveway. That model is only about 5"x7"x31" according to their plans.
I decided to build my own vertical bender based off the various homemade bender sites. So far I have about $275 invested between the parts, steel and a 15 ton enerpac cylinder. It could have been built under $200 by using a bottle jack. I finally have all the parts cut and drilled, and hopefully will get them welded by next weekend. The only things I plan on making are roll bars, sliders, and bumpers. Since I will probably only use it very rarely, it should work for what I need.
rtb1259 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 83985
Its funny you mention it...I'm in the process of building one myself.

Will let you know how it works out
rketr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 29527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramv View Post
I know one limitation is they are only 90 degree max, but I am not sure when I would bend more then that. (no giant stinger for me).
I don't see how you could build anything without a few > 90* bends. Shock hoops for example.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 11921
Considering I have a complete tube bed, exo cage, spare tire mount, and front bumper with out a 90 in it, I would say its possible. Shocks are mounted to the cage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.