Pirate 4x4 banner

Another New to me lathe thread

754 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  PTSchram 
#1 ·
I just found a 11" by 60" Sebastian lathe on CL for 500$ :flipoff2:. I only had to drive about 120 miles round trip. The reason I am posting is I have been looking for good lathe for at least two years and wanted to prove that a lathe can pop up at anytime. Just have patience and keep hunting.

The lathe cleaned up real nice with just wd40 and steel wool. Carriage is tight with very little play in spindle. Ways are in great shape maybe a half dozen nicks near chuck head. Was under power when picked up and ran through all the gears very well. Only downside is came with no tooling just extra 10 inch four jaw and a live center. No cuttin tools or holder. Enco here I come. :D

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Will

P.s. for all the other peeps that called after me (previous owner couldn't remove the CL ad until he got home about 12 calls in 8 hours) :D :flipoff2:

early bird gets the worm :smokin:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice catch. You're gonna be surprised at how little it costs you to buy a tool post, holder and some cheapie insert tooling. If you have an account with Enco, they will send you monthly flyers with specials on the carbide insert tools.

Now, don't be impatient and blow what's left on tooling, however, for what you paid, you can afford to buy a lot of tooling.

PT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.