NAPA 83-317 Welder??? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 39989
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 313
NAPA 83-317 Welder???

Anybody heard of or have any experience with a NAPA 83-317 welder or something of the sort. Apperently they were made in the 90's and sold under a bunch of different names. you can still get parts for them through http://www.daytonamig.com/Manuals.htm Anyways found a guy that has one. he doesn't know if it works. Says his brother borrowed it 6 months ago and used it but didn't bring the bottle back with it so he has no way to test it? Also it doesn't use flux core wire. but he wants $35 for it. Think it's worth my time?

Daytona mig the company that is linked above says it will weld 1/4" which I'm kinda skeptical about cause it's a 110V welde.
__________________
'82 CJ-7
'95 F-150
glp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 1926
Location: Dallas, TX USA
Posts: 2,993
I'd buy it and try it out. What do you want for $35.00?
__________________
'69 FJ40 with very few stock parts.
2000 Cummins with some goodies to make it smoke.....

Trail Gear's Bad Ethics=Bad Business.
fj40charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 39989
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj40charles View Post
I'd buy it and try it out. What do you want for $35.00?
something that i can put another $30 into and it will weld like a champ, otherwise what would be the point in buying it? I'm hoping this is a great deal and that it's worth more than just $35
__________________
'82 CJ-7
'95 F-150
glp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 1926
Location: Dallas, TX USA
Posts: 2,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by glp86 View Post
something that i can put another $30 into and it will weld like a champ, otherwise what would be the point in buying it? I'm hoping this is a great deal and that it's worth more than just $35
I don't think this welder, if made by Daytona, is going to, "weld like a champ."
If you want a good welder, then pony up and buy a brand name welder.

For $35.00, you could take this welder with you and loan it out to friend. That way if it get damaged, no big loss.

Here is one for $40.00

Date: 2007-10-17, 6:04PM CDT


Older NAPA Mig Welder. 120 Volt. Do not know if it works, this is the reason for the low price. It used to work. Sold as is.
__________________
'69 FJ40 with very few stock parts.
2000 Cummins with some goodies to make it smoke.....

Trail Gear's Bad Ethics=Bad Business.

Last edited by fj40charles; 10-25-2007 at 06:02 PM.
fj40charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 39989
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj40charles View Post
I don't think this welder, if made by Daytona, is going to, "weld like a champ."
If you want a good welder, then pony up and buy a brand name welder.

For $35.00, you could take this welder with you and loan it out to friend. That way if it get damaged, no big loss.

Here is one for $40.00

Date: 2007-10-17, 6:04PM CDT


Older NAPA Mig Welder. 120 Volt. Do not know if it works, this is the reason for the low price. It used to work. Sold as is.

Actually that's the one I'm lookin at. I'm gonna take a look at it tomorrow. who knows maybe a great deal or a total waste of time but it's about a mile off my route tomorrow so i might as well. i'll report back with my findings. oh and someday i'm gonna "pony up" and by a millermatic 251 but in the mean time a portable welder for under a $100 would be nice
__________________
'82 CJ-7
'95 F-150
glp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.