Pirate 4x4 banner

cheap crappy iron worker

6K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Sillyneck 
#1 ·
does harbor freight have an iron worker? I swear I saw it before but can't find it.

I have their biggest crappy mill. works good. leaks like a bastard but that's just extra lube :D

#6 ·
Ya know Phil, back when you and I didn't get along, it was so much easier, now I have to look up everything for you :flipoff2:

On page 608 of the 2008 Grizzly catalog, they show two Ironworkers. One is 50 tons and $6250, the 65 ton is 8995. Grizzly.com

If you call your local tool supplier, you might find some used Buffaloes or Pirrhanas for less, but you probably won't pay less for new, although Enco used to have some cheap Chicomm ironworkers that were pretty cheap, but IIRC, dies were expensive and only used in those machines.

#8 ·
hahaha people usually have to put some effort into not getting along w/ me... it's usually a hatred that can be traced back to what someone else w/ an ulterior motive said about me... not actually what I did or said prior to provocation :D

thanks for looking that up dude! ;)

I found a couple online. I have personally used the Scotchman at work good machine I don't know about the other.

http://www.vansantent.com/ironWorkers/Scotchman_index.htm

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/edwards_25t_ironworker.html

right on... that 45 ton looks like it won't break the budget... I'm going to harborfrieght to see if I was dreaming... I remember something like $2500 or something. i beleive tony K had one.... or at least he had the mill I ended up getting.

#15 ·
I almost bought that MetalPro unit until I had the chance to use one. More importantly use one that had been in a shop for less than a year. Not built that great, was already having problems and wearing that put play in everything. Definitely not worth that price. If you want to keep it cheaper than new I'd look for a good used one, Scotchman would be first choice. I know there's a lot of industrial used equipment sales places out that way, because everytime I search it's all west coast, west coast.

Scotchmans are niiiice, I think for the money the best units overall.

#16 ·
At work we have a Peddiworker brand that has not had one issue since I have been there. I know it has to be over 20 years old because it says "Made In West Germany" on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.