Pirate 4x4 banner

Relay wiring

675 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  89breaker 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a schematic on wiring relays in series so multiple components can be controlled with one switch?

I have multiple accessories that want ignition hot power but I'd rather run a constant hot (battery) with a toggle switch.

What do I need to plan or account for?
What is the down side to this?

Thanx.

Edit: Did some more searching and I am trying to figure out how to wire the switch. When should it be run as a ground interrupt and when should it be ran to battery/ig hot.

#2 ·
Most OEM circuits switch the ground but if your just wiring lights or stuff like that, it shouldn't really matter which leg you put the switch on. One nice thing about switching the hot leg is that if your wire harness gets smashed for some reason, you don't have a hot wire getting grounded out. I'm not an automotive electrical pro though so hopefully someone else will step up if I'm wrong.

#4 ·
Just run you hot from the switch to terminal 86 on the relays. You should be able to break this off to as many relays as you want, within reason.

The only time I've run a relay as ground switching is when I was triggering it off a circuit (dome light) that was already a ground interupt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.