Pirate 4x4 banner

Duluth DTPro Gloves??

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  KYOTA 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone tried these? Supposed to be kevlar reinforced and not have seams in the fingertips(where all my mechanix gloves have blown out).

Tired of buying Mechanix gloves that only last a couple weeks in the shop. These are about the same price, but if they last longer/work better, I'm all for trying a set.

BTW, I would be using these for fabwork, i.e. bending/notching tube, making tabs/brackets, tack welding, etc. I use full leather welding gloves when I do final welding though.

#4 ·
I use the tillman spandex/leather gloves available at praxair's. About a month to 1.5 month per pair with daily heavy use.
The deer and the moo cow leather. Deer is nicer but doesn't last as long in them. Im anal, and clean the gloves every few days of work, with soap and hot water and a nail brush, then use saddle soap on them to keep them supple. I can extend them to two months per set usually.

#8 ·
the tru fit gloves? im lucky if i don't go thru a pair of them a day if i am working in the shop. I don't even wear them the entire time im out there. The quality on the varys alot. one glove will have thick leather and the other will be paper thin...

#7 ·
Gloves arrived and while they're good quality, they are not the same type of mechanic's glove as a Ringer or Mechanix. Much thicker material, more for yard work than mechanical. They will make good fab, plasma, and grinding gloves.

#9 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.