Pirate 4x4 banner

Air/Hydro Bender Kits - the difference?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sucmah 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm gearing up to get a ProTools 105HD and an air over hydro kit.
Is there a difference between the one Pro Tools offers -
"Kit #2 - 10 Ton Air Over Hydraulic Conversion Kit This is our Industrial Level air over hydraulic kit. It consists of everything you will need to convert your MB105 bender to hydraulics. This Kit includes Brackets, 10 ton cylinder with 14" stroke, Hi speed Industrial grade pump, line, and coupling. The unit is assembled, pressure checked, and puts out approx. 10 cu. in. of oil per minute. It has a 1 year warranty, and can be rebuilt if it ever needs it. This unit extends and retracts much faster than the entry level pump. Air requirement is also 125 lbs of pressure to develop full power, and designed to work all day every day."
and the Trick Tools.com kit -"The Air / Hydraulic Conversion kit for JMR, Pro Tools and JD2 Manual Benders offers a fast hydraulic system. This unique hydraulic system is the only one that has an air return cylinder, for quick and consistent returns, regardless of the age of the cylinder.
Kit Includes:
Air / hydraulic pump
hydraulic hose
Cylinder
hardware
Lifetime replacement on US-Made Hydraulic pump."

Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
I use a 10ton enerpac on my model4, just like the first kit. It works great but the only thing to return the cylinder is an internal spring, and you do wait 30-50 seconds each time you reset the cylinder(1-2 times per bend depending on degree of bend). I like the look of the second setup cause it should have a quick retract. . If you where a production shop i would think the quick retract would be handy....BUT...i dont think the cyclinder in the second kit is as durable as an enerpac cylinder. My cylinder came from a maintnece shop that had beat it around for 10 years, i put a seal kit in it and its good as new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.