Pirate 4x4 banner

Anyone still make a decent floor jack?

7K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  GMGuy 
#1 ·
It's time for a new floor jack for my garage. My Craftsman 3 ton is starting to lose pressure again. I don't think it's worth the effort to try to fix it a 3rd time, so I'm looking at buying a better quality floor jack. I expect them to last more then 6 months between rebuilds, so I won't be buying another Craftsman.

What I need:
2 1/2 ton capacity
Would like 21"+ of lift
Low profile not necessary but it wouldn't hurt
Preferably not made in China
Under $250

What I don't want:
Harbor freight
Sears
A 1950's era dinosaur I can't get parts for

Models I'm considering:
Looking for a used older Lincoln (US made)
Omega magic lift (looks decent, but I have no idea how durable the hydraulics are)
OTC quick lift (nice but exceeds budget)
"USA Made Hein Werner Floor Jack Formerly W93642 Lincoln"

I think the older Lincolns were hard to beat, but I can't find any used ones. Shipping on 100+ lb items is expensive, so locally available (Atlanta area GA) is a big plus. Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated.

See less See more
#6 ·
Bought an omega jack 25037, (2.5ton 25" lift, $199.99 then at Advance auto) 4 years ago, never had any problem with it other than one of the handle return springs broke, but $4 and a call to omega got me a new one. I think though they're actually discontinuing that model. I also have 25030, which also has performed beautifully.

#10 · (Edited)
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=PBI&MfrPartNumber=647530&CategoryCode=3397

I've had one of these for about 12 years. I like it because its got a universal joint for the release mechanism instead of the usual 2 gears...much less slop in the handle. If you leave a car on it overnight, it will leak down by morning (started doing this about 5 years ago), but still lifts to its full height every time. I have another one that down at work that I've been using on a daily basis for the last 5 years or so and its showing no signs of weakness.

#16 ·
I'm in Georgia so the shipping would probably be a deal breaker, but thanks for the offer. Northern Tool is getting $300 for these.
I'm kind of pushing the limits of some 2 ton jacks with the the trucks I work on but I know the old Lincolns were rated conservatively.

JoshRountree said:
Norco or AFF
I was at Discount Tire the other day and noticed they're mostly using the AF&F 200T.

Rallye said:
only 2 ton capacity, but this is what I have:
http://www.asedeals.com/Ranger_floor_jacks.html
Ranger RFJ2TX, lifts to 31". It works great for me....
Looks cool. The 31" lift would be nice and it's within budget. I'll have to check into it some more. I noticed asedeals offers free shipping to a business addy, thanks for that link!

#17 ·
Trust me the 2 ton lincoln will work fine. We had to use ours when a small rental truck about the size of a fedex truck got stuck backing out of a drive way. They hung up the rear bumper, and we used the jack, and then put boards under the tires so they could make it. The jack was holding up the truck for roughly 20-25 minutes, and had no problem at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.