Pirate 4x4 banner

HF bar and rod bender

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  andyr354 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i have one and it is great. the instructions are actually pretty good as well.

i made tube dies for mine to bend 5/8" and i think 3/4" od tube...actually i didn't make them. i loaned the bender to a friend with a machine shop and he needed to bend tube so he made the dies. it works great!

i also bought one for a friend to use to make exhaust hanger brackets and he loved it as well. it takes a little while to get used to, but works fine.

for a stop, i clamp a piece of flat stock to the "degree wheel" with a small Kant-Twist clamp. this helps to make repeat bends.

#7 ·
I had a heck of a time figuring out the intructions and then I tried to label the parts to get them back mainly for rt. angle bending then finaly took a picture of the set up and put it in the ammo box next to the bender with the paper work.. Next thing I needed was extra pins that I made from old shocks that had the large diameter shafts matching the hole size use them for my home made 12 ton press. I save all the old shocks for the shafts, seem hardened and strong and usuall chromed.

#10 ·
Now to mount it to the floor.

The only anchors I can get in town are these like this:
http://www.concretefasteners.com/anchors-fasteners/machine-screw/index.aspx

Are they good enough? I wan the threads in the hole instead of a stud sticking up to trip on when it is not there.

I could probably swing by TSC tonight or maybe Home Depot over the weekend since I will be near a bigger town.

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.