Pirate 4x4 banner

Anyone use Shop Fox?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  RockToy94 
#1 ·
I was looking at band saws and found this one local for 200.00 with a 2 year warranty on it. Just wanted to know if anyone had used one and was it worth it or should I go with the JET. Shop Fox band saw w1715

See less See more
#4 ·
my buddy bought a shopfox drill press a few years ago. we've used it a ton, and are pleased with it. he also has that very bandsaw. it works awesome. i cut all my brackets with it in vertical mode. i cut through about 24inches of 1.5+ inch thick aluminum to rough cut a tcase adapter, and we've cut a bunch of other brackets. i love that thing and would buy one in a second.

#5 ·
Does it stay square and cut straight? Just wondering, I know how to make them stay square. :D

Looks like they need the plate on the bottom of the legs like we used to do on the Jets. Looking into getting a small bandsaw for mostly tubing and up to 1/4" plate.

Do they have a square plate so you have a nice surface to rest pieces on for when your using it as a vertical bandsaw?

#9 ·
Looks identical to the HF and Jet and Grizzly and Northern.
See, that's always been my thought whenver I've looked at anything from Shop Fox. It all looks like Harbor Freight quality at a higher price, and they do have slightly more "glitzy" marketing, logo, catalogs, etc.

But I can't speak to this exact saw w any personal experience.

#10 ·
I have done a lot of research on lathes and what i found was there is at least some evidence that the same factorys in china make all these cheap tools, and basically most of them have the same design. The crapiest castings and worst parts go into HF tools, and the ones that spec out to be the most precise, go into the grizley and a few other companies machines, so you are paying more for the same thing but it seems like the ones from grizly dont have as many problems and tend to work better.

#11 ·
I went to the tool store and had them cut some steel for me with this saw. Wow Im glad I didnt buy it, the saw had been "adjusted" by them and it tracked off 1/4" cutting a 2x2 piece of steel. It seems to be VERY slow as well, that my be changed with a quality blade. Maybe you can adjust this saw to cut better than that but im not convinced enough to buy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.