Pirate 4x4 banner

cnc plasma software

793 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  timberfab 
#1 ·
hey i was wondering if anyone on here with a cnc plasmacutter had experience with bobcad-cam

i have a 5 x 10 torchmate 1 with auto torch height control. bought it used and refurbished. it came with driver software but no cad. now i trying to decide what cad to go with

does anyone have real life working experience with the torchmate cad and the bob cad.

bob cad is offering a great deal and torchmate is trying to sell theirs to me so i would love an objective perspective. anyway

thanks

#2 ·
I have no personal experience with it but a lot of people use it. Ask if theres a demo copy available or something. If its like plasmacams software then it is real easy to use. You'll have it down after a day or two of playing with it. Plasmacam sends (I know you got your machine used) the software ups while the machine is truck freight so you get a chance to dick with it and be ready by time the machine even gets there. What happened to the software that the last guy was using?

#3 · (Edited)
You can download a free trial version on the Bob-CAM website.

I was looking at CNC plasma/CAD software a few year ago and was considering Bob-CAM, it has good reviews. Never bought the CNC plasma or software though... budget constraints.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.