Pirate 4x4 banner

Shop plumbing question

940 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  richard jeep guy 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I think you'll be disappointed if you try to wash a car with that tank-less one, a 40-50 gal tank style would suit your needs much better. We have a hot water hose at my work to wash our work vans with, if you wash two vans in a row the water gets pretty cool by the halfway point of the second, this is with a standard 40 gal gas heater.

Brewchief:D

#7 ·
Yea and it's the same price for a 40 gal. but I don't want to pay to keep that much water hot if I won't use it that often. I plan to get a pressure washer and the garage will be heated so having hot water to wash with isn't a big deal. I'll probably go tankless but not even bother running a second hose bib to the other side of the garage for the hot water.

#8 ·
just my humble opinion, go with the tank. When my employer swapped out my hot water heater for an electric wall unit I lost the majority of my hot water at work. If I don't keep the water at a very slow flow, even with the cold faucet turned off, it's too cold to do decent maintenance on photo printers. Imagine a small filament trying to heat a fire hose. If you're worried about paying to store hot water, get an electric and put it on a switch. Plan ahead the day before and flip it on. Turn off when the car is washed. Or put it on a timer so it only heats up on Saturdays....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.