Pirate 4x4 banner

(wood) sliding compound miter saw suggestions?

1K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  ChiScouter 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I use a Hitachi and it has been great.

#6 ·
#7 ·
I've got the dewalt. Very nice saw. Only one complaint, the laser sucks. Don't waste the extra money on it. Every time you use the saw it moves and has to be re adjusted. It seemed to be a good idea at the time. Other then that i think it's one of the best sliding compound miter saws out there.

Mike

#22 ·
I have the Dewalt 12" double bevel slider and I like it alot. I also have used the Ridgid double bevel slider. I think I might go with the Ridgid one if I had to replace mine. It has more angle adj on both sides than the Dewalt, but the Dewalt will cut a wider board and slightly taller trim. The laser on the dewalt is ok but only marks to one side of the blade. I used one 10" saw in the past that marked both sides of the blade, and if I could remember the brand I'd recomend it.

I also have a 10" bosch slider that I use for deck posts with a dado blade, thats nice. My old 12" dewalt standard chop is just used for framing now but its taken a hell of a beating and is still accurate. Its also a hell of a lot lighter than any of the sliders, and easier to move around.

#25 ·
When we have multiple chop saws in the shop everyone ends up gravitating to the hitachi with the lazer which works really well. I have heard very things about the bosh slider which also has a lazer. I have a dewalt dw708 and am very happy with it, but I wouldn't buy a new slider without a lazer. Unless you will only be using it for trim I strongly suggest you get a slider rather than a old school miterbox. Today I crosscut a 32 inch wide piece of plywood on a dw708.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.