Pirate 4x4 banner

Cool Tool!

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  sn0border88 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
Meh, that's more fancy than it is functional.

The "top secret" components to build the patent-not-pending Bumpy version:
1 Horrible Fright ground magnet snagged from the clearance sale bin
1 piece of copper pipe or tubing smashed flat with a hammer. (mine is an old toilet supply line. 1/2" would have been better, but none was handy)
2 washers if you're too lazy to drill a hole in the flattened copper pipe.
Happy welding!

Yup...same here, piece of copper pipe hammered flat, but I never thought about adding a magnet. :idea:

#4 ·
Meh, that's more fancy than it is functional.

The "top secret" components to build the patent-not-pending Bumpy version:
1 Horrible Fright ground magnet snagged from the clearance sale bin
1 piece of copper pipe or tubing smashed flat with a hammer. (mine is an old toilet supply line. 1/2" would have been better, but none was handy)
2 washers if you're too lazy to drill a hole in the flattened copper pipe.

Happy welding!

#5 ·
I have a couple of homemade ones, but that one looks good. I used to use a magnet with a pennie double sticked toa strip of steel. - until 1 day it was a new penny and the weld burner through the zinc -kapow!

#8 ·
Sweet. That's a good tip about the magnet. I just asked some questions about filling holes in sheetmetal. Was just about to head out to the shop, and this should make it a little easier to fill some holes in my floorpan that would have been difficult/impossible for me to hold from the bottom and weld from the top. Now I'll never know if I would have figured it out for myself though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.